Krono Suggestion (no trolls allowed, they always steal my cookies)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jhinx, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

If Krono were NO TRADE then that would take a massive chunk out of the bot crew sitting on spawns to extort other players into paying their inflated prices, since (let's be honest) there's few other options available unless you're going to mount up and DPS race them.

Platinum would become the currency of the game again and prices would plummet as a result.

To address the "but I would like some walking around cash without performing genocide on the hill giants into Rathe Mountains" I suggest that there be merchants in game that will buy a Krono off of you at a price that rises with each expansion release. Not a crazy high amount of plat, but enough that it would really help out. These merchants would also sell Krono as well in limited supply for those that just need a Krono fast to keep their subscription rocking, so they can run around killing squirrels in the magic forest.

Just my 2.3 cp.
  2. Veronious New Member

If my mother were a man, she'd be my father...

This is EXACTLY what krono are meant to be, a tradeable form of currency other than platinum. Think of them as bitcoin or whatever for EQ.

Krono were introduced as a way to trade game time for in game items, platinum, and such.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yet another thread not understanding why krono was introduced and the fact that krono cost more than a normal sub. Making them no trade would make them useless as they are meant to be traded so people can get a sub without paying. And that is not counting for the fact that all the purchases that are done with krono would just move to third party websites again.
    Xyroff-cazic., Stymie and code-zero like this.
  4. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Hm, if only there were another game out there with a working model of this type of thing they could look to….
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean a game that uses mechanics that EQ doesn't have in order to handle them? Sure it would be nice if EQ had an actual auction house to handle trading and we didn't need to set up a trader/seller to sell/buy items.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

As has been said many times, if you eliminate krono you just move the problem back to plat where it used to be and DBG doesn't get a cut.
  7. Gheed Is not reading your response

Those darn bots are at it again!

I NEED MY LORD BERGUGRGRLL CROWN
  8. bardybard Augur

Sorry Krono must stay.
    How else can I pay for my 24man box army and generate millions of monthly incomes
    Jhinx and Ions like this.
  9. bardybard Augur

So your solution is plat inflation?
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Krono are an easy way for DBG to get a cut of the third party shenanigans. Before krono people sold plat for IRL funds. Lots of people were cheated and, more importantly, DBG didn't get a cut. Now they do. I find it hilarious that people think krono is what cause RMT. RMT caused krono, not the other way around.

People are going to hog spawns, that is just how it is. If you want it, roll in with a buddy who can do over 50% with a single spell. Then one shot it. Another option is to save up the plat to buy the krono to trade for the item.

Making krono no trade or only tradeable once would pretty much kill EQ's bottom line.
    code-zero and Tweakfour17 like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

More importantly there'd be no point in launching TLP servers without Krono
    Appren likes this.
  12. Gio1999 Augur

What amazes me is that this suggestion is likely coming from an adult with umpteen years experience with mmorpgs.

You'd think with all your experience you'd understand why krono exist and that making them no drop will do jack squat. Can we PLEASE think a suggestion through before broadcasting it out to everyone?
    Appren likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This way they have something to blame besides the actual cause of the problem and they can yell at Daybreak more.
  14. Stymie Pendragon

Did you spill Kool-aid on your keyboard again? :)
  15. noseminer New Member

Am I the only one who read his post? He is saying the trading of krono should be handled by a merchant. This is similar to how gw2 trades its in game currency for the premium currency and I think its a good idea if there weren't dupe bugs.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How would this change anything besides moving trades involving krono out of the game and back to 3rd party sites?
  17. Froglegs New Member

Kronos is keeping the game alive. Without People who make a living out of farming / buying / selling Kronos Everquest would be long gone.
  18. Nolrog Augur

Been a while since we had one of these idiotic threads.
    Gnothappening and code-zero like this.