Krono race.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hilo, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hilo Journeyman

On my server a Krono is 1-1.5m plat. I need just one by Wednesday, I've never really been this broke in EQ and have always been able to just buy them as I need them.

What zones should I pillage or items should I aim for to get what I need by Wednesday? I have 3 level 105 characters so can do just about anything.
  2. fortuneteller Augur

Sorry, thats confidential ;-)
    I mean, I would not reveal that to make it public knowledge, because then my own income would go Down.

And with 3 105 chars you should be able to find zones yourself.
    Steampunk likes this.
  3. Vivamort Augur

The answer to which zone is best to make a lot of money fast, is the Bazaar. Buy low sell high. It is a game in of itself for some people. Other than that, I imagine it would take some serious grinding and luck even in the best zones (which I am not sure which ones are the "best" zones) to make over a million plat in 3 days.
  4. Syrup Augur

Without knowing your 3 classes, or server (assuming you're not on FV)

RNG will play a huge factor, but you would want items high end players are after, but aren't willing to farm themselves; such as...
    Oath of marr, Xorbb's caged hatred, or any of the TDS power sources

Power leveling is pretty lucrative also; and much easier to put a plat to playtime value on.
  5. Viper1 Augur

The time and effort that it would take to farm 1 mil plat is worth more than the $15.99 it costs for all-access.
  6. NotSilv Apprentice

TDS power sources are no trade unless you mean selling loot rights. Purity of Chastity from Brother's Island is a good alternative to Oath of Marr as well.
  7. Tour Augur

This.

Time and effort at work or other means of generating income vs time and effort in game generating plat. Granted, the later more be more enjoyable for most, but the former is going to be much faster for most as well. Krono is great for plat you have acquired through just playing the game or selling stuff in the bazaar (enjoyment in game being the objective and krono just being a great secondary bonus), etc, but if you're explicitly farming plat as a means to an end for the sole purpose of accruing subscription time, there are more time / effort effective options. Course if you find the krono race to be something very enjoyable it its own right I can see how that changes things, and would go with bazaar buying / selling as a good option, or offering power leveling services. Farming highly desirable uncommon or rare items would be an option, but because they are not common (hence the price they fetch) you may have a difficult time getting any before your deadline.
  8. Bamkan Augur

Dredge HA (Kedge Counterblow) will earn you 387 pieces of eight. You then buy the T1 gear from the TT vendor (~140 per item). So each character is earning just over 2.5 items. The items sell for ~100k each.
    So that is 1 mission and you would get around 750k pp. It takes around 45mins.
    (the arcing, rainfall, and shields tend to sell very well, as does fused coral staff). I would check the castaway prices also - normally they are not worth getting but helm,boots sometimes hit that 100k+ mark.

I generally do the mission with 3 toons (and just leave another 3 at zone in just to get extra pieces of eight on them).
    I've made well over 100million by doing this mission. Thats my secret :)
  9. Yesak New Member

I actually enjoy the challenge of farming krono to keep my subs up. So I'm in something of a different ballpark than most.

So to farm plat for krono. TLP servers have kind of jacked things up on my server. I used to be able to farm collectibles and twink gear in RoF and sell it as reasonable prices. With my 2 105s I was able to keep a rotation of 9 (NINE!) named down in RoF's Kael. Many of the items and Fear Touched gear would sell well. When TLP servers opened, the alt market dried up and I haven't tried it since. Things may have changed since TLP launched, as I haven't tried in probably 6 months. Might try it again as the sheer volume of stuff made up for the lack of super big ticket items.

Glowing Briny's. This isn't as good as it used to be, but I have made quite a bit on these. Mostly farming named in Arx (love the fast spawn time) or Combine Dredge or Degmar. A single glowing may get you 200k+ at once. If you get lucky at get 5 of these a month, you're in the 1mil ballpark. Sometimes more depending on the server. Might be able to sell powersources when they drop. I haven't tried it but might work.

Castaway Gear. Same principle as Kael and Glowings, but I've had only moderate luck. If you can get 3 or so named camped in Katta or TT in rotation, it might be worth it. But you'll need a high volume to make anything.

TS stuff. Trade skills are still popular with some folks, but many are too lazy to actually farm stuff. I've never had great success with this, but if you can collect a high volume of things people use, it might be worth your time.

Collectibles/rares/ect. I've never had a good return from these. They are rare for a reason and I don't seem to ever be lucky enough to see one. For reference I've never seen a single random rare from CoTF or TDS and I've killed hundreds of thousands of mobs by now (and no, not just in HAs).

This is going to sound boring, but my final piece of advice is playing the bazaar/barter game. If you can spare the accounts, keep 1 trader and 1 buyer up at all times. Buy low, sell high. Particularly with tradeskill items, you can set up a buyer and grab stuff way below market value. Then resell at market value for massive profits. I don't find this fun, so I don't do it. To each their own though.
  10. Yesak New Member

How did I not know that? I assumed all the actual gear was no drop like in CoTF and only castaway stuff was tradeable :oops:
  11. Mintalie Augur

I'm made a killing on Collectibles.
  12. Kolani Augur

This is Firiona-centric, and I'm going through a bit of an anomaly as I've been sitting on six for a week now, but I usually sell Jyleel's Seal for 225k.
  13. X1234 Journeyman

To some extent, I can agree with this, but there are a number of people that rely on selling in-game items to obtain plat to buy Kronos, as a means of keeping your stats high without having to actually pay out of your own pocket. Luckily, i don't do this anymore, as i have a new job, but for some, throwing about plat willy nilly is impossible. Even with me paying for 2 accounts on sub, I still need to farm an extra 1.1-1.4m pp per month for a Krono for my 3rd account. But yes, i've had to count it as a form of job, i.e. farming, then getting paid via game time. I remember when all this was easier, and you could find Kronos below 300k...

so long ago...

:p
  14. Fallanthas Lorekeeper

So it's skip one large pizza a month or 30 hours in front of the keys playing Chinese plat farmer?

Pretty easy choice.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  15. Steampunk Augur

You've been listening to that gnome again, haven't you?
  16. Reval Augur

17. Iila Augur

Factual error: He mentions playing "the greatest games" in a mac commercial.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Reval Augur

Give him a break, he's drunk.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Chasing the kroon is fun but can be frustrating at times also. The previous mentions for farming are all good ways to earn plat to buy a kroon but if your looking for just strait up plat without the hassle of the bazaar you can farm any mid level zone with mobs that drop plat and high end vendor trash. This is obviously the lowest plat per hour return but is the get plat now option. If you have 3 level 105 toons you can farm 3 zones at the same time with mercs. Get a caster merc on all 3, set them to passive, pull the whole zone and then switch them to AE burn. Your bags will be full in a couple of hours. You can barter off TS items if barters are paying a fair price for them or try to sell them in stacks in general. Once again this is the slowest method to make plat but is a sure thing. Also use a lower tier merc for farming purposes like this. A J1 caster merc kills just fine in many mid level zones and costs significantly less than the J5. I typically farm 3-4 zones at the same time using this technique with 6 toons. I use one to plat farm, one farming items I need to make high value player made items and the other 4 named hunting for tradeable gear and loot. An average night I will loot well over 1 million worth of items but it takes some focus managing toons in several zones at the same time. If your budget requires you to play using kronos set aside a couple days a month for just farming purposes. Once you have your kronos you need for the month switch back to the xp grind. I have done this all year and have managed to pay for 5 accounts through next June.
  20. Kobrah Augur

I gimped someone through his last 5 missions for the RoF class item for a handful of krono lol. Including HoF 2.