Krono - exploit player to player theft

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shindar The Reaver, May 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

Are you guys aware of this problem? I petitioned in game also but this is something that needs to be addressed with haste. Smite that ban hammer!

StR of Tunare
  2. Nolrog Augur

Your best bet is to PM Roshen with as many details as you can so that he can make the proper people aware and they can take action.
  3. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

So basically do their job for them? Great.
  4. Quasimojo Elder

How the hell are they supposed to fix something, when they have no freaking idea how it happened??
  5. Shindar The Reaver Journeyman

Helping keep our EQ community free of exploiters is everyone's job.
  6. GrugSA Augur

For science what exactly is this exploit? ;)
  7. C3lowz Augur

Yeah um, what exactly is the exploit? Is it something I should be avoiding? I camp a lot of items and buy at least 1 Krono a day. Wanting to know if there is something I should be avoiding?
  8. Nerf Herder Lorekeeper

Don't trade krono.
  9. Seraphim Augur

Can you be more specific??? This sounds like a total troll post if you ask me.
  10. Kiani Augur

I've heard something of the sort, but no idea if it's just one of those rumours... But I'm not going to say the specifics, because if it works, it gives people ideas.

All I'll say is be careful in krono interactions. And if you have krono in a trade window which the other person cancels, make sure you still have your krono after.
  11. Tudadar Augur

If its real maybe some more people will get perma banned across all accounts like last time.
  12. Kittany Augur

Of course, in order to view that forum, one must have paid access.....

[IMG]
  13. Nolrog Augur

So you want to say there is a Krono exploit, I have all the details, but I'm not going to tell you, go do your job and figure it out for yourself and then complain that they do nothing about the Krono exploit.

/facepalm.

EQ players never cease to amaze me and in this case, I don't mean that in a good way.
  14. Kiani Augur

Not quite. Actually he's said, there's a krono exploit, he's sent the details to the devs, but don't want to post them here so everyone knows how to do it.

I'm not really sure why he expects to get a better response from the devs here than by pm or petition, but I don't think he's done anything wrong.

Except for posting the cheat link, I don't know I'd that actually tells you how to do it, but he shouldn't have posted it here, regardless.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  15. Miss Shortcake Elder

it does work, and it's a problem
  16. TowerDefense Augur

He actually said he petitioned in game, which is possibly the worst way to go about this situation
  17. Bewts Augur

Using a Sparxx UI, I ran into an issue where I used CTRL to select a single krono and when clicking on the person to initiate a trade, the krono disappeared. It was not in my inventory and did not go back into my currency tab. My currency reflected I had removed a krono, but it was no where to be found.

The person had cancelled the trade, so I took all my krono out of the currency and put into my inventory and used CTRL to select a single krono and opened a trade again. My trade reflected a single krono, and they asked "why 2 krono?"

After cancelling that second trade, all krono were back in my inventory.

Fortunately, the person asked about the discrepancy, or I'd have given two krono and been none the wiser.

Perhaps this is what you are referring to? This occurred in Erudin Palace where I was lagging significantly at the time - which is unusual as I typically never lag except in felwithe.
    Oxgoad likes this.
  18. Kiani Augur

He also said he'd pm'd a Dev about it, but that was in the post that was deleted because it posted a link to another site where the exploits were discussed.
  19. RadarX Augur

We're going to close this up because honestly I've had to remove too many posts. We are aware of the exploit in question and yes it's been addressed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.