Krono Change Proposal

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scila, May 13, 2024.

1. Marton Augur

2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not something DBG will ever do they would have to really have two different subs and do it for TLPs going foward. Basically it would be a separate non all access sub which would create a terrible uproar. I was just spit balling, Personally I am find with krono as they are.
  3. Hegsheoshed Augur

The max level people farming platinum to buy Krono aren't using the Krono to sub. They are amassing them for the next expansion for chase item purchases which will either be used or marked up for even more Krono.
  4. JetZeppelin2h Augur

There is no reason to really farm krono unless you want to try to illegally sell them. A decent player who plays for 1-2 months after the new expansion comes out can make tons if they know what to look for. I think from LS I made around 10 krono just from extra collectibles that I was getting for myself. Those same collectibles wouldn't sell for 1 krono today. Add in extra drops etc that you will just naturally get while maxing all the achievements and you should make around 20-30 krono from 1-2 months of playing during an expansion release without even trying.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just because you can get krono easy enough doesn't mean that others don't have a reason to farm things to purchase krono.
  6. Iven the bard

Daybreak is the bank that sells Krono. All subtrades don't have a negative influx on those sales. They even can push the Krono sales. The bank does always win.

However, the platinum farmers had slowly destroyed the ingame economy, so that new players either have to buy and resell a Krono for pp, to finance their bazaar buys, or have to farm pp by themselves. Spells and tomes did get made more expensive with new expansions, to sell more Krono. The bank does always win.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I don't think DBG has any interest in changing the status quo. Krono sell like hotcakes to those with deeper pockets than I.

Personally I don't care what they do with Krono. But it seems to me that Krono are a profit driver for DBG.
  8. Tachyon Augur

many long term players have lots of banked krono, i've played for a long time... barely use them
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

This is as well thought out as the PvP thread.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

True! I just do not get the angst some have against Krono and the urge to post out of the world "solutions" on how to fix some imaginary issues with Krono.

11. uberkingkong Augur

Feel like this community has gotten too comfy with PL'ers.
    Too comfy with boxing
    Too comfy in bad habits.

So I don't see something making something where are comfy with, like TLPs are breeding ground for krono farming and PL'ers services for a krono.

EQ probably comfy with it too, if you think about it, krono does prevent people going to PLing sites instead.

Instead of going to a PLing website you just wait for the PLer sell their services in game.
    PL you to 60 plus 300AA in 3 hours, 3krs.

Shoot I have a ton of kronos, mine as well do this deal, I have been playing EQ for decades, why do this all over again, here take my kronos, I prefer enjoying the game, not LevelQuest all day long. AND the ROI, I'll be ending up with a lot more kronos.

TLP = time start farming kronos
  12. Warpeace Augur

Really nothing wrong with boxing, it's the 3rd party software that has runed it for people around boxers.
    Kaenneth and Laronk like this.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

This wouldn't fix the problem. They would just RMT the platinum and sell the platinum that people would then use to buy the Krono the first time. It would only hurt the honest people who buy Krono to counter inflation that is present on all servers due to plat bloat from expansion launches. It actually would give the farmers and advantage as does anything that puts the rule followers at a disadvantage. You're also forgetting that some of that Krono goes to keeping the farmers subscribed and not everyone farming to buy Krono is doing it to sell the Krono RMT.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Nobody farms kronos. They do not drop in game.
    Somebody pays 17.99 or whatever it is to daybreak, and they get a krono.
    Yay, the people who make our game get some money so they can keep making our game.
    Then, the person who bought the krono likely trades it to someone for what is now a silly amount of plat so they can buy collects or gear in the bazaar.
    Then the person who got the krono probably uses it to pay for their sub for the month.
    I'm trying to figure out why this is a problem.
    code-zero, Kaenneth and Fenthen like this.
  15. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Krono's have been a thing for just under 12 years now, thats a lot of inventory in the market. Yet people can only consume 12 kronos a year on their account.

The best change to krono would be a reason to consume more than 12 a year on a single account.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I think they should allow Krono to be redeemed for 1250-1500 DBC, and bought for 2000-2250 DBC.
    Kegwell likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to eliminate a revenue source in an effort to remove existing Krono from the game.

Why would they do that?

Krono in game is no a pain point of DBG at all. The don't have an agenda where when there's a monthly meeting the fret and worry about the existence of unredeemed Krono.

If there is a massive overabundance of Krono then why would the price escalate like it does?

I'm sure that there are people who have managed to accumulate a fair amount of Krono who are now less active between TLP and expansion releases who idly wish they could do something with a used car value of Krono but that's on them not on Daybreak and the player base.

In short the only problem with Krono exists in the minds of the people who want it to be a problem and that makes it THEIR problem not OUR problem
  18. Vividor Elder

it would be great if the kronos could be resold on the market for their equivalent in DB currency.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They can't do that as long as they give away krono each month as part of your subscription, which includes krono based ones. Not to mention there is probably lots of free DBC still floating around from when they did the double/triple points on the old station cash card.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Lol, that doesn’t stop them from doing it.