Krono Change Proposal

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scila, May 13, 2024.

1. Xerzist Augur

Oh, I'm certain something is going on. No reason for the shittery I see regularly.
    Cidran and Draggoone like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

puff puff pass...
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oooh... that is slick. Evil but slick if true. Have to think about that a bit to see if there is a flaw in it... on the surface sounds very possible mechanically. Whether DB actually does it or not is a different matter.
    Draggoone and GameKiller like this.
  4. GameKiller Lorekeeper

Labeling yourself with a red hat and gold shoes doesn't mean you're awesome, it means you're gullible.
    This is a small company with an actively dwindling population. They aren't paying the bills with yearly expansions and half the subscriptions as were active in 2020.

But hey, don't think it's a possibility. That's fine. You do you. Ignorance is bliss, after all.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Marton Augur

Bans and suspensions somehow seem to be missing that illustrious guy on my server who is selling raid gear.
  6. Xerzist Augur

It's totally possible DBG is responsible for the RMT. But that would not benefit the game, that would be an internal scam and abuse of game resources that likely goes into the wallets of staff, not the game for upgrades or applications or benefits to players.

There is a reason auto-box squads aren't banned. There is a reason the obvious RMT isn't addressed. There is a reason dupes have not been fixed. Whether Krono, or Plat, it would be abused but its all things that can be addressed.

It's like the ONLY bridge that allows a civilization to reach their farms to prevent a famine breaks, and they do not fix it.
    GameKiller and Draggoone like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

I... don't even know what you said. But I'm sure you feel extra clever for contriving some wierd insult while promoting silly conspiracy theories.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think one part of the equation that gets missed when comparing plat to krono as a trade medium is that players of EQ on average likely have far more disposable income now then when plat was the trade medium and that the stigma on using RL cash to get game advantage ie buying krono to sell for plat or items has far less stigma attached to it these days. In fact its pretty much a non issue now.

The one thing one trade kronos would do is prevent folks using them as a currency in and of themselves. Not sure that solves much except for krono wealth being used to manipulate things on new TLPs. That might be one reason that would persuade DBG to make a change.

I am not sure what the legal fallout would be to making such a change to kronos. Have other games made such changes with similar products.
  9. code-zero Augur

Everything that you believe to be a problem with Krono is in fact a design feature that proves to DBG that they are working exactly as intended
    Corwyhn Lionheart and GameKiller like this.
  10. Xerzist Augur

Cool, and they support RMT.

Can you show me where that was part of the intended Krono design? I didn't think so. Can you show me where it has been addressed? No.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I think it it more that they can't figure out how to limit it.
  12. Draggoone Lorekeeper

They could, as was discussed in the thread that got nuked. But they don't, and seemingly won't.
  13. code-zero Augur

The people here who think that they have figured out some scheme to limit RMT are the same people who don't understand that things like Venmo or CashApp exist and there would be RMT regardless of their silly shenanigans
  14. Shism .

DB doesn't support RMT they just have to deal with it because their own customer base supports it...

Why is this sooooo hard to understand.

The root problem is that a significant amount of EQ's player base would rather trade their RL money to save themselves time, work or whatever. THIS creates a market for 3rd party, RMT, botters or whatever you want to call them.

Reading these posts is hilarious. I have seen one individual calling for dev's to go ham on cheaters in 1 post and then in another bragging about their plan to pay krono for a plvl service on the new TLP to get ahead.

Like the dude is literally feeding the mechanism they claim to hate. I live for irony like this lol
  15. Xerzist Augur

I totally understand the need that as adults, we have less time, and Kronos offer a solution to that.

Totally get it.

But there is seriously no rules in Everquest at this point. It's Mad Max. The frogs be turning the water gay. There is no addressing anything. I'd probably not care as much if the entirety of the game at this point was not based around Powerlevel Spam, Krono Spammers, and all things Krono. Just call it Kronoquest because the only quest people be doing now is the quest for Kronos to RMT.
    GameKiller likes this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Only thing I could see like this is to make a particular krono untradable for like a week after being traded.

Just like the delay on delivery after being purchased, to limit the impact of fraud and exploits, and prevent 'laundering'
  17. Thren Elder

GameKiller likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  19. JetZeppelin2h Augur

How does that work does it mean having 2 different paid types of accounts? Free, Silver, All access paid (normal krono), and then add advance all access (new krono for TLP) which would also mean normal krono no longer gives the best paid version but a lower new version that would take time for them to setup that give extra ability to play on TLP?
  20. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I know of other games where they did exactly this sort of thing but I don't know if everquest has ever been guilty of it.
    Fenthen likes this.