Krono campers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by osirissx, Apr 22, 2017.

1. DariyaVika Augur

I think the threshold for a pick should be 2-3 players, not 5.

The reason you don't want it to be 1 is because people with a large number of boxes would just leave 1 character in each pick to hold it open. That was how box crews were farming 3-4 emperor spawns in Seb.
  2. Galleyan Augur

It's neither, right now afaik... I think someone said it was more like 15-20.

I want it to be 5 because that's a group w/ room for 1 person to leave and still get a replacement without losing your instance. You should *NEVER* penalize a full group for playing the game legitimately.

Does it leave some openings for people to exploit it? Yes. But I'd rather sacrifice a little bit of "classic" for fun.
  3. Atabishi Augur

I love all the hate that farmers get. I feed off of it. It makes me want to hold a camp even longer. A game where one of the most enjoyable aspects is farming loot and the competition over camps, yet you get ostracized if you decide to go camp anything. Called a RMT'er if you decide to sell anything in the auction channel worth anything. I love it. The hypocrisy of anyone that complains about someone farming loot and selling that loot for plat or krono is just too real.

Ps. Yes I will be on Agnarr and yes I will be doing what I love to do most on Everquest since it's release day, hard farming only the most sought after loot. I will be there ready to drink all of the hypocritical tears that come my way.
    Hdizzle and taliefer like this.
  4. Draekon Elder

Lol I always laugh at your "hard" posts considering you went out of your way to train me a few times, across multiple expansions, when I farmed areas and never even interacted with you, now you call yourself a farmer and want a challenge. You're no better than the rest in here pal
    Hdizzle likes this.
  5. Galleyan Augur

He sounds like a very angry person. Let's take the same approach we did with Steiner, "do not engage."
  6. Atabishi Augur

I know this is a blatant lie considering I never train, I only out DPS. Good try though =)
  7. CorvusGlaive New Member

If someone is camping a spawn, can you run up and out DPS them to take the mob when it pops? I'm curious as to the rules on this.
  8. Galleyan Augur

Yes. There is no PNP anymore. *EVERY* encounter is solved by a DPS race.

And because I haven't seen Yawgmoth on here in a while...
  9. Mowens Elder

You don't train, but you DO mem blur peoples mobs when you know you are going to lose a DPS race. Kinda dirty bud. Not many people like you on the server. And we don't hate you because we aren't you, we hate you because you claim to be this elite player but you're actually just a pain.
  10. taliefer Augur

I've heard a lot of complaints about atabishi, training was never one of them.

The funny thing is just as many people thanked him during early pop for cheap plane of storms medallions as there were "rabble rabble krono farmer pitchforks!" Complaints.

I also plan on farming a few krono on agnarr, but not by camping any particular items. There are several cash camps where you can make krono in literally minutes with how cheap people sell them on a new server the first week or so

Krono didn't change Everquest, farming has been around since the beginning.
  11. Rhodz Augur

Hate you?
    Far as many are concerned you are just low price transient labor doing a dirty job no one in their right mind would bother with if they had any money.
    Yeah sit in that dungeon and work your way up out of poverty, be good for you.
    DariyaVika likes this.
  12. nagash101 Augur

yeah i remeber that. bought a set and got me started on Ragefire
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I actually enjoy the krono campers. As someone who has tons of krono that I can bring to the new server I never have to worry about any real camps. I can just enjoy the game.

Even if I didn't have any krono.... Working a few minutes to buy a krono > wasting hours camping a contested item with tons of folks trying to train you. I'll take the easy route.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

[IMG]
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

Now, now. Let's not be scaring off the new kids.
  16. Galleyan Augur

Tough love, my friend. Tough love. ;)
  17. Rhodz Augur

Just the reality of it man.
    What did you think?
  18. DariyaVika Augur

You sound like one of the people who tried one of the zek servers back in the day and then fled back to PVE the first time someone ganked you and took your camp.
  19. DariyaVika Augur

Yeah, for those of us who don't really have to budget $15, buying a Krono and trading it for plat or certain items like a fungal tunic in early kunark is just our way of contributing to less fortunate people in society who think they're really making bank by getting us to give them 15 minutes worth of labor in exchange for their 3+ hours worth of labor.
    andross77 likes this.
  20. Nolrog Augur

The risk that you have to go to another server to trade your krono (they are account wide, so you claim them on Drinal, you get the account time) and hope that the person pays you the plat (or gives you the item) or you give them the plat/item and hope they log over to Drinal to give you the krono.

Krono is one of the things keeping the game alive.