Krono campers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by osirissx, Apr 22, 2017.

1. osirissx New Member

I played back in the day and have been thinking about checking out the upcoming TLP server. I have been surfing some old forum haunts and from what i have read there are some items that are perma camped, completely locked down to the point you have to buy them or go with out. Is that the way these TLP's roll? Most of the fun i have is crewing up and gearing up dungeon by dungeon until raid ready. I understand camps are camps and patience is a virtue but if there is no possible way to get the gear by crewing up and crawling the dungeon i'd like to know now. I want to play a game not compete with some one literally making a living off the game. Thanks.
  2. slayersaysdie Journeyman

Well. During the eras Agnarr will be covering all zones, except the LDoN zones are contested. This means anyone can be in the zones and it is first come first serve when it comes to camping. Best thing to do is to ask "camp check" in ooc and most of the time people will answer with what camps they are at. Expect to experience people stealing your mobs and training you to get you out of a camp. It sucks but this is what happens.
  3. CorvusGlaive New Member

Pickzones will help with fully camped dungeons / zones.

Q: How Will You Be Handling the Rush of Players at Launch?

Zones have a form of load-balancing that can spawn another version of a zone when the current zone gets too full.

Once those zones reach a certain threshold of players (it varies based on the size of the zone), it will spawn another version of itself. You will be able to choose which version of the zone you want to enter upon zoning in, or you will be able to use the /pickzone command to choose another version of the zone you are in. This should let people group up with friends but still be able to find things to kill and see plenty of other players.

We have also enabled technology to dynamically increase the maximum number of characters allowable on a server at any given time. Between these two new systems, we expect to be able to handle most of the players who want to play on the new server on the first day.

Full FAQ:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-coming-weds-may-24-2017.239813/#post-3527110
    PathToEternity likes this.
  4. oldandnasty Augur

From what I've experienced, that's the way the TLPs roll. I played starting at the end of Kunark and through the mess that GoD release was, only to leave and come back a several years later to play in a Trakanon server progression guild. The guild folded just prior to Ragefire release. I tried Ragefire and Lockjaw but just couldn't get into it (with all the box armies and Krono farmers) so I cancelled 1 account and went back to play on live. I have no idea how it was at the beginning of Phinny as I never tried it. Slow XP and fast unlock speed just isn't for me anymore.
  5. osirissx New Member

Pick zones

Nothing stops them from entering the pick your in right? Some of the Forums i have been going thru these guys are down right vicious. At first glance i thought it was all bull. But i have been hearing horror story's. Guys camping X mob new pick opens and his guildies show up and take the camp by any means necessary. Is it really this toxic? Really wanted to try this out but i have no time to play a progression server on which you are not allowed to progress.
  6. MaxTheLion Augur

^ does not exist. You now live in the new age of DPS = king.
  7. Aegir Augur

As the Farmers has gotten better boxing with Truebox + A lot of people i hear saying they going to play on the initial rush on Agnarr "To make some easy fast Kronos" - I can only imagine how a pleasant and mature gaming environment some areas in Antonica gonna be.
  8. Mashef Augur

Don't listen to the forum warriors that are by far the vocal minority. It really isn't that bad. XP rates will be pretty good on Agnarr so you will be able to progress.

Yes, you will lose a few spawns etc if your group isn't capable of keeping a camp clear and waiting on spawns. That's just classic EQ. It really is a non issue come Kunark as the groups now have more zones available. There will be even more zones that are viable exp with the rates on Agnarr. Phinny exp was so bad only like 3 zones were even tolerable exp.

I think I lost like 3 camps ever between RF, LJ and Phinny. You can fight back and try to end their time in the zone or move on to a different /pick or camp. Usually they are just /pick farming looking for named that are up so keep your camp clear and they will move on.
  9. Kahna Augur

Avoid some of the high value item camps and you will have a lovely time progressing through the expansions. Most classes can get to the planes in meh gear and equip there just fine. No, you are probably not going to be able to camp your own GEBs, so if that is going to ruin your EQ experience then this server will not be for you. If you can get over it and still enjoy the 99.9% of the rest of the game you can experience you will be happy as a clam.
    andross77 likes this.
  10. Tehsid67 Journeyman

When you are in a zone and choose a different /pick, does it put you in the exact same spot in the other /pick? So if you are at a named spawn point, but he is not up and You choose a different /pick, does it spawn you right at the named spawn point in the other /pick?
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Yes, it spawns you at the same location.

I have fond memories of fighting off mage armies on ragefire at the efreeti camp that would pick in.
  12. Auedar Elder

All camps are a dps race. A very, very, very few minority of people are willing to do anything/everything at their disposal in order to secure and maintain camps. Luckily there was only a few camps where it was really an issue. It was mostly confined to the Efreeti camp and some of the Lower guk camps early on. Mostly it was the Efreeti camp because both the boots and the ring are pretty much BiS for many, many classes so they will sell well. (between 1-10 krono for the items, and the boots were still going for 1 krono and the ring for 2ish around kunark launch)

I've camped other camps in classic where the rare drop is worth a krono or two, but the common drop doesn't sell for anything. People normally respect these camps if you are at the keyboard.

Really what it comes down to is that people can attempt to out-dps you, or they can attempt to train you. If you are keeping an area locked down and you have very solid dps you have nothing to worry about. Keep in mind there were mage armies, and potentially wizard armies that would change picks with timers on instances looking to steal the kills.

If this is something that would bother you, avoid the Efreeti camp. If you're not into that, don't worry about it, you only have to avoid very few camps. If this is a substantial enough of a reason to not play, you would have probably quit within the first month or two anyway:/
  13. Machentoo Augur

This, it's only camps like eboots that will have a terrible time with griefers. Even on Phippy, which was the most populated server ever during classic, at times you would run into problems in other camps, but at other times you could go entire evenings with no one pickzoning in to contest you. It helps if you keep your camp clear and pull ph's or nameds within a second or two of them popping. Groups tended to get into more trouble when they got over ambitious or couldn't keep up with their own spawns.

On Agnarr, my personal guess is that you will be just fine. Due to #1) lower overall pop than Phinigel had, #2) less power gamers than phinigel had, especially after the first month or two, and #3) lower pickzone spawn thresholds than phinigel had. #1-2 are speculation at this point, but #3 will absolutely be a factor and make farming gear much easier during high pop time zones.
  14. Coach_Kegadin Augur

All your picks are belong to me!
  15. osirissx New Member

Thank you all for the information, seems workable. i had heard it was/is much worse.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Except they haven't, since Phinigel launched, and they won't either on Agnarr or any future progression servers. Sorry, I get it, but the time when you could shut people out is long gone.
  17. Soon Augur

I would rather say you live in the age of charm/gate and memblur.
  18. Ticino Journeyman

Be fun to disable Krono on Agnarr though. If they did that may take me away from Ragefire.
  19. malaki Augur

Yes make it so people have to log onto another server to do krono exchanges and add an addition layer of risk.
  20. Galleyan Augur

At this point I just wish Daybreak would use their brains and run a sale on krono that makes them equivalent to the "market value" so that those of us who want to actually buy krono safely don't have to pay nearly double. Even if they forced us to buy in bulk 25+ to get the "market value," I feel like they'd prolly sell more in one day than they do all year.

But we're not supposed to talk about that, I guess?
    DariyaVika likes this.