Krono, and disconnect ...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Enigma Maitreya, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Saturday I ordered a Krono.
    Saturday PM I saw the correct count.
    Logged out.
    Monday AM I logged in, selected the server, entered the server got disconnected just prior to what I would think would be the character select window.
    Got Disconnected.
    This occurs on any server I select on this account.
    The other 2 accounts have no issues and plays just fine.

Now lets assume it is a payment issue (i see the payment on my card) and Daybreak has placed a hold on the account. (If you have experience otherwise I would like to know) How long as of this post before I can expect Daybreak to acknowledge the ticket / resolve the payment issue?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So, if I understand correctly your saying the account you bought the Krono on gets disconnected whenever you try to log in.

I have never heard of them not allowing a player to log in while there is a hold on Krono. You would still log in but not see the krono yet if there were a hold.

Nor is there any way to know how long it would take them to respond to a petition if you filed one.

Make sure you check your email in case you need to acknowledge the petition
  3. Enigma Maitreya Augur

To be clear. Saturday AM I ordered the Krono, (same session) Before logging out I noticed the Krono Count was correct.

Logging in Monday AM accounts 2 and 3 are perfectly fine no issues no problems.

Account 1, that ordered the Krono, Logs in just fine. When I enter the server all the screens display just fine. When I would expect the Character Select Screen, I get "You have been disconnected" this occurs on the other servers I have characters.

I see the purchase of the Krono, in Purchases History, I got a transaction notice from my Card (does not mean any funds have been transferred would be my assumption).

There would be nothing different with this account other than having the Krono.
    ASSUMPTION: If the receipt of the Krono was premature, I could see a hold on the account until funds had been transferred.

I have an open ticket, I was notified of the creation of the ticket via email. As of this post I have received the original acknowledgement e-mail AND an e-mail noting it was submitted outside support hours.

"Hi,
    You have submitted a ticket outside of our regular hours.
    We do not currently offer evening or weekend support for this service.
    Don't worry, we're still going to help you--your ticket has been placed in our queue and will be addressed as soon as possible.
    (Please remember that all tickets are responded to in the order received.)
    Thank you, and keep being awesome!"

SUGGESTION: Daybreak might as well post their support hours/times

PS: I am not panicked or overly concerned, my question was purely in the context of not wanting to check every 15 minutes. Sans any other information I will assume being CST and Daybreak being PST in the afternoon (CST) I should see the account working properly.
  4. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Well, the support person gave me a list of things to do and that list did fix the problem.

I restored the system back to its failure mode and ran a Validate Assets this was the results
    -------------------------------------------
    Checking all game files...

*Warning: Fullscan found CRC mismatch on E:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverQuest/eqgame.exe, even though size 11,956,736 and time 1631569206 matched. Expected 208566667 but detected 2526318332.

Found 1 file(s) to update.

Creating eqgame.exe

Finished downloading 3,280,635 bytes in 1.298 seconds (2,527,453 bytes per second)
    -------------------------------------------
    That solved the problem.

I then restored everything again and did a Virus Scan. The detection was 0.

The Support person and I agree it may be a bad cluster/linked cluster that was the culprit.

My takeaway from this is to perform a validate assets, first, should I experience game failure.
    Duder, Fanra and Stymie like this.
  5. Fenthen aka Rath

Poor EQ, being installed all the way down onto your E: drive. :(
  6. Sixth_Sense New Member

Maybe it's special, an SSD bought just for EQ, and labeled 'E'verQuest.
    Fenthen and Shindius like this.
  7. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Actually it makes it portable.

C: OS Disk
    D: DvD
    E: first available drive letter