Kits for Phlogiston gear?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by skabe, May 10, 2018.

1. skabe Elder

What is the minimum skill required to make these ? Anyone attempted to make and got the message that more skill is required ?
  2. Brohg Augur

Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

You can make them with 300 skill and the Master (12%) artisan trophy.

Speaking from experience, make sure you have the trophy before you drink your TS potion and find out you don't have enough skill and suddenly have to scramble to get all the parts to do the quest for the trophy.
  4. Natal Augur

300 I expect. I have made a bunch of them and none of my TS skills are over 324ish (most are lower than that even). IIRC I made the JC kits with ~304 skill. Fletching kit was similar.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Unmodified skill of 300 should be what's "required", if you are willing to bite the bullet of failure rates.
    I have done done some of them with just 300 plus whatever the recipes i had learned gave me (so, less than 310 unmodified) and had about 25% failure rate on those combines. Could've been luck though. Plus, the raid diamond is returned on failure, so it's only the pp you loose effectively.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Even with skill maxed to 350 with a maxed trophy, the failure rate is still very high. In our guild we have 1 person with all maxed tradeskills make all the kits for folks and we usually make them in bulk with a potion running to get the most out of our diamonds. The fishing one (combine edging kit) is the worst and he said he saw 6 fails in a row, granted fishing has a lower cap.
  7. Sancus Augur

The diamond is returned on a failure though so it isn't that bad. You can get a crushed diamond, but it's pretty rare.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

With the potion running you still get the diamond back even when you get the crushed. Actually have 4 or 5 crushed sitting in bank now heh.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

I am 350 in the 7 basic tradeskills with max trophy. I did lose the diamond once and had the crushed diamond dust returned instead. So yeah that does happen even with max skill.
  10. Lianeb Augur

I cannot make them with Tailoring (317) and Smithing (319) without my trophy
  11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It's a minimum of 1% chance to get an alt-fail on a fail. (If an alt-fail is set) It's 1 to 5% depending on your skill difference from the trivial. This is ONLY rolled on a fail.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  12. torlingtorr New Member

Whats the fishing kit min?
  13. skabe Elder

I asked this ? because I have max trades and have been primary go to guy for making kits. It has been a bit of a logistical nightmare at times with multiple people needing kits for multiple slots in any given raid night....on a great night we could possibly clear all of RoS in one night but usually leave couple events for a second night of raiding.
    Now that diamonds are going to alts I wanted to know min skill required for kits so people can take care of their own as much as possible.
    Once had 9 fishing fails in a row ... one diamond turned to dust .... just a horrible run of bad luck on the rng. Even with the 19th Anniversary Pole as a trophy. :/ Have never lost a diamond while making a kit except on fishing and that has only happened 2 or 3 times.
    eepok likes this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

The fishing kits have by far the worse success rate of them all.
    Ngreth dropped the trivial on them in beta to account for only having 250 skill and no trophy. But even with lower trivial and the fishing pole they are tough
    eepok likes this.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

that's funny I made my 1st kit and the first combine got crush diamond glad got kit on 2nd combine.

Andarriel