King's Key

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]

In the description, should it be collecting the Sathir Trade Gems and Ancient Sebilisian Coins, or possessing them (how many you currently have on your character)? Because if I collect 500 and then buy some items and have zero left, I still collected 500, I just have zero on me.

And what does it mean by Each type counts for up to half? I guess that means you have to collect both, with one type giving you half the power once you reach the maximum of that type.

If it is possessing them, then Daybreak needs to clarify the description.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You need to keep them. It's I believe 200 Sathir Trade Gems and 1000 Ancient Seb Coins to max it out.
  3. Brohg Augur

lol, or it's 200 sathir trade gems to buy a better charm :p
    svann, Thrillho and Maedhros like this.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes it is "possess".
    Once you spend your group (but especially your raid) coin for something worthwhile, this one's stats suffer for it.
    That is why this particular item is one that noone is interested in and why it's regularly looted for tribute only.

For a raiding character there is another, far more obvious and better choice for that slot.
    And for a non-raiding ALT, the last anniversary charm is hard to beat.

So...
    Forget about this one - it's bad enough that it's description does not matter much either even though yes it is misleading.
  5. gotwar Gotcharms

Currency needs to be consolidated into the Alt Currency tab to count for stats.

This charm does have a use. For characters using the Invested Circlet of Umbra, the Coin of Ancient Empires has worse stats than both the White Dragon's Tooth and the King's Key. The Invested Circlet doesn't count as a "class armor" for stats on the Coin.

King's Key:

213AC | 5655HP | 5425 M | 5425 END | 18 hstr | 25 hsta | 30 hint | 25 hwis | 32 hagi | 21 hdex | 33 hcha

White Dragon's Tooth

213AC | 5585HP | 5615 M | 5615 END | 23 hstr | 30 hsta | 27 hint | 27 hwis | 21 hagi | 23 hdex | 33 hcha

Of these two items, the Key is more attractive for several classes.

Oddly enough, the Darkened Mana Robe off this year's Trakanon raid counts as a "class item" in terms of stats provided by the Coin of Ancient Empires.

The key requires 2000 Sathir Trade Gems and 200 Ancient Sebilisian Coins to be max stats.
  6. Maedhros High King

This thing is crap. Plz devs this kind of charm should be the best overall charm when maxxed or otherwise it is not worth anyones time. Dont know how many apps I have had to steer away from this thing the last year.
    Bigstomp and Thrillho like this.
  7. S33k3r Augur

At the moment it can be maxed with 400 coins or 4000 gems or a combination of the 2.

At the moment I have 400+ coins and 250 gems and it is max'd for me.

That's not to say that DBG will fix it in the future so it performs as mentioned in the item info.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And looking at the script, I can see how that bug can happen :/

Since, by this post, this seems an unpopular charm, I'm not sure it needs to be fixed.
    kizant and Thrillho like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

How about replacing it in the loot table with something we want then? Or just dropping it from the table so another item in the table appears in the chest instead?

Otherwise, it seems to rot.

Thank you for the response.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Would this be better?

[IMG]
    Zhaunil_AB, svann and Fanra like this.
  11. shiftie Augur

Terrible charm scripts? /shockedface
  12. Warpeace Augur

Maybe stop making items like this in the future then?

Also no more need to be drunk ones....K?
  13. Nightops Augur

Charms and their benefit stat mods are just another thing which has been ignored for years.

My personal favorite is putting the group/raid progression charm on the first event of the expansion. Even people in the best guilds do not use this item for several months due to required time flagging. Not to mention, only 1 in 3 raiding guilds actually complete expansion progression prior to the next expansion. The only thing which could be worse is getting an ultra rare charm drop in group content with the same group/raid progression stat mod and never raiding.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

15. Tinyfeet Elder

You can max the charm with raid coins alone, but the sathir gems can only count for up to half. You can have a billion sathir gems and still only get half stats.

This thing is unpopular because nobody wants to have to hold onto a ton of currency they'd rather spend just to get very similar stats to another item that doesn't place those restrictions on you.

I know...I wear one, and I hate it.
    Fanra likes this.