Killing mobs over and over in DZ (DL Rotting Skele) allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Sep 13, 2020.

1. TheGoblin Elder

So if you gate/zone while a DoT is ticking and kills the mob while you aren't in the DZ, it will respawn under it's normal spawn cycle.

Do this and you can get your Rotting Skeleton easily! Open a DZ with alts, bring the PH to zone and dot it up. Zone while it does and come back and wait 6.5 mins. If a PH, repeat. If its the rotting skeleton, just kill it and look - win!
  2. Protagonist Tank

This is a ridiculously circuitous way to try and solo key content when just bringing a group to the spawn gets it done easier and faster.

If gimpy players want to do weird and overly work-intensive things to avoid actually playing the game like an MMO, they're not hurting anyone but themselves.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

How's the exp though
  4. Kahna Augur

I have camped Rotting skelly with a group, uncontested actually (for someone else, I am not bothering with my VP key). It still took 8 hours of killing 1 gray mob every 15 minutes. It was hardly exhilarating gameplay. It is entirely possible this method would get the job done faster. Again, I don't care about VP, so I won't be bothering, but I am sure some enterprising young individual will give it a go. Good luck to them.
  5. Protagonist Tank

It doesn't spawn any faster in a DZ, and all of the zoning shenanigans would significantly slow your ph kill rate. Nothing about this is useful to anyone, except people who weirdly try to solo raid progress keys.
  6. phattoni Augur

i thought dz didnt respawn, this sounds like an exploit.
    sumnayin likes this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

I think if a mob dies while charmed in a DZ it will also respawn. That would be less effort then the posted method.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

It's a way to get it done at times where it's highly contested. Beats sitting in a "list" group for 4 hours only for it to never get to your turn and/or a guild group shows up and pushes you out of the camp.
    Runes likes this.
  9. Arrk Augur

This has been fixed.... Thus the new method...
  10. jeskola pheerie

11. Protagonist Tank

You're reaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy close to understanding the best way to get this done, but you took a hard left into "Keep trying to do it solo but in a DZ with extra work"
  12. TLP Addict Augur

13. Draconum Elder

Guess that is a valid reasoning on Aradune or a 'real' MMO server. On Rizlona you can have a group with you in pawbuster room killing the area and the solo 24 man army roll in to 'contest' the pawbuster location. LoL.
  14. sumnayin Augur

Good way to get more people on the server banned...I've noticed a lot of people getting 7-day suspensions, blaming everyone but themselves for breaking the rules and then never coming back. Looks like active GMs are clearing out the cheaters, just not the afk bots.
  15. Protagonist Tank

Yeah, that's rough man. Maybe invite some friends in until you can push them back out, or check a pick.
  16. squidgod Augur

VP isn't worth it.