Killing blows (for AA like Blessing of the Faithful) and Mercs or Caster "Kills"

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Keenween, May 14, 2022.

1. Keenween Elder

Hia,

I know, i need a killing blow to get a proc chance for Blessling of the Faithful (or Sk counterpart). Can a Merc "steal" it or maybe a caster ?. What makes more sense for a Paladin (or SK) to get a higher chance for the proc chance ? (i use 2x dps mercs, but i dont know what is better at the end, melee or caster)

Thanks for any hint/infos.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Think about what your asking, did you get the kill shot or did another player, their pet or a merc? There is no staling either you got the kill shot or you didn't to proc it.

What makes sense to get a higher chance for the proc? Killing Solo.
  3. Keenween Elder

4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

melee mercs: less chance for you to get the killing blow, but the mercs do MUCH more DPS

caster mercs: greater chance for you to get the killing blow, but the mercs do much less DPS

For my box group, with an SK, I use melee mercs. Don't care if I get fewer killing blows, I'd rather do more DPS all the time.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I have a convoluted system in my inner space boxer 6box team to get my paladin to proc faithful. I have two assist buttons, one has all DPS assist my warrior, the other has all but the paladin assist the warrior. When i want to proc faithful i switch targets and let the paladin grind away.

Base paladin dps is so miserable that without undead or "burns" the paladin more likely than not gets out dpsed by damage shields, riposte, languid bite bleed or whatever. It's kind of a hassle and i only bother if I'm try harding.
  6. Keenween Elder

Ok, thats makes all sense ;), thanks