Kill Stealing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Legolit, Apr 21, 2019.

1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

To be fair, plenty of people who don't box don't care about their community reputation, and many people who do box do care about their community reputation.

Back when I did, I started boxing as a solution to a dwindling playerbase and not being able to regularly find groups -- especially if I wanted to try out a class that doesn't typically find itself in high demand for grouping. I suspect many people who box do so for similar reasons and not because they want to be antisocial psycopaths and trolls.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Volts Elder

I'd argue that the current policies are 10000% better than petition quest and rules lawyering. I'd rather get KS'd once in a blue moon (it's pretty rare IMO) than have to deal with all that! Just my opinion!
    Genoane and code-zero like this.
  3. a_librarian Augur

Yes. What I saw on Agnarr and Coirnav was similar 4 box teams sitting on that camp in every available pick 24/7. I also saw 12+ mage bot armies sitting at juggs out of the main pick for months and months.
  4. Elemenopi Augur

Sure, but the point is when a single character player ruins their rep, they get invited to groups far less. When a multi-character player (especially a full group or more of characters) does this, they dont need to care as much as they arent worried about group invites anyhow.

Sure.

All I am saying is this is one of the reasons people complain about them so often. Accountability within the community is not as impacting when they ARE trolls as it would be if a single character player exhibited the same behavior.
  5. Elemenopi Augur

Seb was pretty bad on the last few TLP I was on. Juggs / Shrooms / King was pretty much perma-camped with multiple groups of mages. Every once in a while we would find one that appeared to be free up and start playing there, only to have a box army pick in and steal it. Since the rules now allow for this, nothing we could do but play in a different less desirable camp.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

you dont need to record, there are plenty of programs out there that with a simple command clips the last X seconds of desktop footage.

I have mine set to 90 seconds, someone trains me, hit my command and boom, saves the last 90 seconds of what was on my main monitor. great way to get video evidence.
    code-zero likes this.
  7. Hinastorm86 Augur

HARD disagree. I'm not sure what you're saying here exactly, being a jerk is ok? Most petitions were fake? Hard disagree on both of those points also.

Your second sentence is confusing. You realize that KSing will happen MORE when there are no rules, right? And you'd only "have to deal with that" if you decided to petition something, otherwise it would be as it is now, you either brush it off, or get into a moronic swinging contest with the KSer.

You'd also "have to deal with that" if you are one of the KSers, which is the strong feeling im getting from your post, but don't want to jump to that conclusion.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. MileyVyrus Elder

The sociaI injustice of it aII! You may want to start another post, i don't think the Iast 80 from someone discovering their are 0 unpaid interns to Iisten to their taIes of turmoiI have been enough

At Ieast turn up your voIume, i can bareIy hear you over aII the entitIement surrounding you :)
  9. Clove New Member

Always nice to see someone talk about the EULA or the server rules when they've clearly never bothered reading them
  10. Hadesborne Augur

See, the rules are specifically vague here. One or two instances would fall under to the rule:

"There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server"

But then at some point when the same person targets you multiple times for the same type of KSing by way of charm gating, you could make the conclusion that this person is now harassing you by repeadedly targetting you for gamplay disruption and inconveniencing. Then it would fall under the rule:

2. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them.

See, at some point, repeated KSing of a named mob (specifically by way of charm gating after the person has done a vast majority of the damage and suffered the ill effects of being damaged by that mob) in a specific area would definitely be considered inconveniencing.

I would download fraps and record each instance of the offenses. Then upload the mutiple offenses via petition towards this person for harassment, NOT for kill stealing. There is a line that can be drawn between the two.
  11. Ajjantis Elder

If its anything like Coirnav then you will have 6 man bot groups on every important camp, day and night, 24 hour a day, 7 days a week. Its gonne be perma camped by a frigging computer ran group.

Come to Selos, we have no bots, and even normal boxes are rare. Ive leved an alt from 0 to 52 in two days cause the exp rocks.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This is a sad state of affairs in a game when it's suggest as a player you should have an ability to record your last 30 - 90 seconds of game play in-case you encounter another bad player in the game.... :rolleyes:

That being said, Open Broadcaster Software has this type of ability for those looking.
  13. ShivanAngel Augur

this is the world of MMO's, Also use it when i get raid loot to prove I looted it in case of rollbacks.

its not just EQ where toxicity requires evidence. I use it in just about every game I play with "other players".
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

What is the program bash?
  15. trevock Augur

I feel like the consensus is that:

1. People are using the "there are no camps" model to their advantage, even though people have been playing EQ with camps and forming groups to camp mobs about almost 20 years now. We all know the "there are no camps" thing is an excuse and a pretty ignorant one at that. If there are no camps, then why are people at camps and calling out and responding to camp checks every night?

2. It's okay to KS and grief players that way, but it's not okay to train someone. Which in turn is pretty laughable because whether you KS a mob that a player was trying to kill AND HAD ALREADY ENGAGED IN, or you train someone to get them killed....either way it's griefing another player to ruin their experience. So what's your point exactly?

3. The "DPS race" argument is absolutely garbage and laughable. How are you going to "DPS race" someone when you're one player going up against 8 or 10 boxed mages? You're not superman. You will never win this dps race.

For DBG to tell a player that complains that it's a dps race up against 8 box mages is like telling someone on foot to race a 69 camaro in a 1/4 mile drag race. It's literally the same kind of comparison. There's no way to win.
    Eqforumtroll likes this.
  16. Rcbauer Augur

Train them.
  17. trevock Augur

You can't. It's a bannable offense.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

I do.
    Gana likes this.
  19. Pirowen Senior Guide

Greetings,
    This is Senior Guide Pirowen, since it's apparent that many of you are missing our broadcasts when we log on the the TLP servers I thought that I'd give a few answers here.

First, camps are not recognized nor is any sort of first to engage rule enforced. Game mechanics dictate that the player or group that does the majority of damage will be the one to gain credit for the kill.

AFK play is not allowed and players who do not reply to inquiries from Guides or GM's can expect to be tested and possibly removed from the game. There is a reasonable chance that /afk playing will result in a suspension or even a ban

Training is a serious offense and will result in suspension or banning. If you engage in this regularly you will be caught and you will suffer the consequences. We have absolutely no patience at all with training holding it in the same regard that we hold people using automated play or active hacks.

You can contact the guides in game by using the /guidehelp command

Sincerely,
    Senior Guide Pirowen
  20. Meridian Augur

So is botting camps 24/7, but players do it. So is box/bot armies training others to take over said camps, but they do that, too.