Key repeating: fully allowed game-play

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by MasterMagnus, Aug 14, 2021.

1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Sigh, first let me repeat this in regards to said third party program:

Are you sure macaroni is reading data constantly the moment you open it? Or is it only reading data when you use a function that needs that info? Does it have any legitimate functions that don't break a hard and fast rule you rightly point to?

Tucoh is claiming(I shouldn't have been trying to speak for you here)

*edit* Maybe it has legitimate functions that don't break rules. It may have illegitimate uses that do break rules, but can it be used 'legitimately' also?

I don't know all of what it does, or how.

And I hope everyone reading this is aware, the code was released on GitHub a while ago. People may have their own version that does who knows what.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Don't worry about me, bud. Ive never used macaroni and never will. The vids of people using it look boooring.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Your big thread and vids on boxing absolutely brought me back to playing a few years ago.

I remember you used ISB. I checked out the stuff at the time. In the end I just alt-tabbed and macro'd, but love the 'playing the whole team' thing.

After a while I noticed the 'support' boxes were doing the same thing over and over, why not put them on key repeat and just play the main.

I'd like to venture a guess that most people around here don't think you're a cheater. ;)
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'd like to venture a guess that Tucoh was a major factor in many player's decision to not just return, but return with a full box team. :)
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

I do wish they add to the game some way to Auto Fish and Auto Forage
    like they did for Tradeskilling.
    Angahran, Dre. and Nennius like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Would be a nice QoL change, to be sure.
  7. Stymie Pendragon

This game will become a study in the rise and fall of an online game in X amount of years. We just happen to be living through this particular phase.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Szilent Augur

This particular phase where the 22.5 year old game has been steadily gaining users & revenue for the past 6(?) years? Ah yes, I'm sure that will be studied. What's your hypothetical X?
    Qimble and Nennius like this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

right now, I just casted an illusion on an afk player in guild lobby once again, making the warder full size. The player casts shrink right away on the warder. I got a friend to look, and right in front of our eyes, the player starts to self auto bot buff, then shrinks the warder as I timed my illusion on the warder.

I just got a tell today by a player saying my guildy is an auto bot and harasses me big time.

Developers, we need a system for the auto players. I'm spending my time dealing with players hunting auto bot players and myself petitioning ther harassment, dealing with GM's that aren't dealing with my petition of my auto bot findings.

This is not what EQ is about.

Quite honestly. I am going to be taking some time off the game until you do deal with this bs.
    Look into my accounts and see the hundreds of dollars I spend in the game.
  10. Warpeace Augur

You almost think they turn a blind eye to this.
    [IMG]
    MasterMagnus and Nennius like this.
  11. demi Augur

maybe you need to find a better way to spend your time than casting grow or illusions on other players just to see if they are bots ?

I mean really they are in guild lobby !!! what can they be hurting .. OMG Auto bots in GL they afking getting buffs .. the chaos needs to stop

cya , dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya :p

Ya , I spend hundreds of dollars a year on my 12 accounts also ..
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

TLDR: ToV=Jumped The Shark, Mischief=Joanie Loves Chachi

While it's true, I can verify with my checks, they have been gaining users that spend money in the marketplace on cosmetics over the past 1.5-2 years.

I propose they have already "Jumped The Shark". The 'Jump The Shark' episode was a high point for the show's ratings, and a spin-off show happened shortly after. It all looked good from the outside, in the moment, but it was in steep decline.

The game code, performance and stability have never been worse in EQ.

This game is in steep decline. Numbers won't matter if the world they have to play in is increasingly becoming JankyLand®

It ain't over yet. But it ain't looking good.
  13. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I think I tried AutoHotkey and it wouldn't work within EQ...has anyone used it recently successfully with EQ?
  14. Szilent Augur

spoken like someone who either didn't experience EQ's first five years, or who wallpapered their memories several times since. good chuckles, man, good chuckles.

There is nothing to back this up. All evidence points the other direction.
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

EQ is doing fine even without automated fishing.

Automated fishing is a gateway drug to more and more automation.

Say no to Automation.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I haven't used it for a few years but it worked fine the last time I tried it.
    Deux likes this.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

I have a different take on it. The episode where The Fonz jumps the shark occurred at a time when ratings were dropping. For most people jumping the shark means to do something over the top, often in an attempt to revive a dying franchise. Happy Days dropped off fast when it did.
    Stymie and Svann2 like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Started in Kunark, I know what you're referring to.

And it's obvious those issues were recovered from. The more they stack on top of old code, the LESS recoverable they are from big issues.

They were calling it 'tech debt' among the devs and Jchan for years now. Because it is 'debt' that has built up over years of them not taking steps to deal with larger issues.

But you know this. Please don't tell me I'm rubbing up too close to your cognitive dissonance about your passtime.

'Happy Days' lasted 7 years after jumping the shark. You still have time, don't worry.
  19. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Another fun tidbit for those of you that know nothing about 'Happy Days'.

One of the actors exclaimed when reading the script "So he's jumping a shark now?" (There had been various motorcycle jumping episodes before.)

Essentially the phrase "Jumping The Shark" was coined before the episode was even filmed.

The actor was able to separate his feelings and employment status from his realization of how a viewer would see Fonzie jumping a shark in waterskies.

You can enjoy something and want it to succeed, and still see the sad reality of age, that comes to all things.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

It all started with autoattack. Stop greasing the "make playing enjoyable" slope.
    Szilent likes this.