Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oscilioth, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Would also be an option, but probably A LOT of work, and would most likely take a very large team of developers a long time to do.

I wouldn't be against it, the question is, can DBG afford it?, if they can be completely sure to attract a lot of new subscribers, sure. But financially it would be a risky move.

Other classic games have sold well as a "HD-remake", might happen here too...:)
  2. Godlike1 New Member

sadly the old models look better
  3. Dega Elder

They will NEVER do an overhaul of the game, engine gfx etc etc whathave ya, it is not costeffective...
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im also a bit skeptical that they will do a complete overhaul of the game-engine, because of the cost. However I wouldn't rule out that they could gradually upgrade parts of the game-engine to take advantage of win7(+) features. :)

And just because you think the old models look better, does not mean they don't have the talent to make something even better. Other Daybreak games have better looking models than the EQ1-1999 models imo. I actually like the human models they use for newer NPC's better than the current player-models.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

They tried to do a graphic overhaul when DoDH launched, tell me how well that worked and how much you enjoy Freeport, please.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Many of the upgraded zones were awesome, Freeport is the exception, it feels more like a mutated empty castle, than a capital city, they should have kept the original layout imo.
    Lavastorm, nektulos, commonlands ,oasis, were all great imo, mostly because they were faithful remakes.
    Even later remakes used in SoD like blackburrow were great.
    Janakin likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If they had just merged east and west freeport leaving the layout as it was I would have been hapy.
    Janakin likes this.
  8. Ralvarian New Member

The changing of Freeport was in the Prophecy of Ro expansion.
  9. Alzkal New Member

Can somebody please post the patch files again? It would be greatly appreciated.
  10. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

Yes, I also need the patch files, if someone would be so kind. :)
  11. Ralvarian New Member

I dont think anyone has posted the new patch files yet
  12. Godlike1 New Member

anyone have a step by step how to acctually get the patch files working
  13. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

14. Alzkal New Member

Thank you Kahlev Al-Calen!
  15. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

Thank you SO much! ^_^

How in the heck do you isolate those files, anyway? If you don't have time to explain it, no problem.
  16. Dega Elder

Thank you Kahlev =) This is a temporary fix that will last at least me till i get my new rig =)
  17. Alzkal New Member

Works on my xp box. Thanks again
  18. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

The files work perfectly, BTW.
  19. redbeansandrice New Member

Having trouble getting these patch files to work properly on my XP box. I used the patchme workaround for the last patch, and everything worked, enabling me to log in successfully. Following the same procedure for this patch, however, I'm getting error 1017: cannot log into the everquest server, you may need to re-run the update patch. What am I doing wrong here?
  20. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Someone posted the details earier, but too lazy to search. On the eq folder, there is a filde called ".DownloadInfo" which lists what files are updated, for today, it shows:

So you just copy those files from a win7/8/10 machine to your windows xp/vista machine, then run eqgame.exe patchme instead of running the patcher again.
    Jumbur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.