Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oscilioth, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanathol Augur

Please do elaborate on both topics - the 'spyware' and the group you were in.
    Zirquel likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would say, that is suspiciously cheap...:eek:
  3. nantalbus Elder

What bad is I am more fearful for my family's safety from people like him then I will ever be about the gov.
    Suifeng and Reht like this.
  4. Woredan New Member

And if you think Vista and XP cannot be opened up like a 2 dollar crack ho, then I am not sure what planet you are living on. All windows' OSes out of the box are unsecured, even with all the built in crap turned on.
    Claiming you are not upgrading from Vista or XP for security reasons is just plain strange thinking.
  5. Woredan New Member

But legal. The keys on Ebay for that price are keys from an OEM distributer in most cases. You will get no support from Microsoft since OEM distributors are required to provide OS support, but they are not cracked codes, or pirated. Technically they are violating their agreement with MS as an OEM distributor, and if MS wanted to they will pull their license. Never heard of it happening though and never heard of an activation issue either.
    This is an issue with not being able to play a game. Being unable to afford what is necessary to pay for leisure time, is an entirely different issue than fixing a broken mission critical app running on XP because the software developer ignored the notice 2 years ago that support for XP was going to stop.
    And for all those who claim they will leave EQ and start playing another MMORPG. Good luck with finding one that will run on XP.
    Reht likes this.
  6. Dyna Elder

7. Janakin Augur

Dyna likes this.
  8. Woredan New Member

Filter, if you are Filter of Xegony, then you know who to contact for Windows upgrades. Amby's old man.
  9. Bigfan Augur

What I find most funny about this, all these people saying "I'm done blah EQ" where you gonna go? WoW announced XP/Vista support end for this year too. And most if not all newer games run 7+ if you could even run them on your OS that doesn't support newer video cards,motherboards, proper ssd use. Good riddance.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You know.. 1) If you're running XP you have a lot to worry about, other than EQ not working. 2) THEY SAID THEY WERE LOOKING INTO IT!!
  11. VehiCROS New Member

Would you be so kind as to Post the required files for download. I refuse to let the creeps win. (win as in win7)
    Fanra likes this.
  12. Suifeng New Member

The files here: https://mega.nz/#!A1gQiTLA!XfJABdNOA4wB0nzC7PWBOmxl0-Z3_YE5QfmjJXCxW3M worked well for my husband.

Warning, they're a .rar file, not .zip, so you might have to download a program to extract them to your folder. :)
  13. Claan Elder

Looking forward to an easier fix from DBG.

I have a nice, older, gaming laptop running Vista that I only use for 3 boxing sometimes. Otherwise it just sits there to the side of my 24" monitors connected to two nice desktops running win7. So for all you Hillary voting upgrade police bigots out there, NO it's not a potato and NO I'm not upgrading it.
    Zarsil likes this.
  14. Cakekizy New Member

Tried updating to 10, it won't let me update from Vista.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Narye Augur

It's not wah wah wah I'm gonna quit, it's, I have other stuff to deal with right now.

I didn't need to waste time on this when I need to be horizontal
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

XP and Vista were not candidates for the free Win10 upgrade. I believe it was just 7 and 8.x.
  17. Bigfan Augur

Can't upgrade to 7+ from XP/Vista, requires full install of 7+, so all settings etc wiped. Most people prolly using 32bit Windows XP anyway, so could use an upgrade to 64bit OS if their PC can handle it.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

I never said anything about upgrading to 10 from XP/Vista. I know you can't. I only mentioned the only avenue to upgrade to 10 for 'freezies' was if you previously had 7 or 8.x installed prior.
  19. Bigfan Augur

ROFL if you think 10k people play this game, and majority of them are win XP/Vista users, I got some sad news for you.

Go upgrade, grass is greener, sky is bluer. And it is completely free if you can stand it nagging you, but free version you can't turn telemetry to basic soon yeah for you tinfoil hat idiots.
  20. Kunon Augur

The EQ 1 devs have held out longer than the EQ 2 devs did. They started having these problems 2 years ago and by 2016 they stopped developing work arounds for XP and Vista making it unplayable on those system. Started with the client which was changed to support upcoming game changes which leads me to think...

The patchme work around will work for now since the incompatibility is limited to just the client, but I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming new game features mentioned in the March producer's letter make the game itself unplayable on XP and Vista. I'd guess people have a couple months to upgrade to at least Windows 7 before that happens, which should mean you're safe until 2020 when MS will stop supporting everything except for Windows 10. Unless of course the potential loss of subs convinces them to scrap and/or completely overhaul those new features.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.