Kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Oscilioth, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. :( It got me in. It was the 2nd of the patches that were recently offered here. I thought I might need a 3rd, but the servers went back up (after being down a second or third time) and no patch was required.
  2. Xelera New Member

Thanks Pissedcustomer, that download worked. Is there a standard search or link to follow that updates whenever a new patch is out? My google-Fu was weak.
  3. Bigfan Augur

For the time being, I will just post it in this thread, as it is already not an official source, people don't trust it, but i'll continue to post it here until either daybreak has an official work around, or they end windows xp/vista on the EQgame.exe level.

From me, from now on, all patches will be labeled Patch DATE.exe, and i'll include a special signature in each one, might consider adding a password or hex key to make it more secure and so people know it came from me only. or i'll just upload it to my own webspace ;p either way, this will be the place to get it in .exe format from me.
  4. Drcoracle Journeyman

Oh hell Yea.
    I lost my mind when they finally figured out to prevent us from hacking into the receiver on my 13 foot satellite dish that was until then picking up Weststar, Telstar, etc......
  5. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

Thanks so much! :)
  6. Filter Augur

Still nothing on this thread from DBG???? Are you freakin kidding me?
    Cakekizy likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

And you are expecting ? XP and Vista are old, real old, really, really old.

BTW, they changed the required system stats to read that Win 7 is a minimum requirement. Kind of a statement there.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Replying to myself. On the second page of this thread I found this:

"We changed the minimum specifications for all our products here to Windows 7 in 2015. The team does understand a few folks are still on Windows XP/Vista and have done their best to keep that working. We will continue to do this as long as it's feasible but ample warning of compatibility was provided quite some time ago."

Need more ?
  9. Filter Augur

I guess you aren't reading the same thing I am. Stop with the old OS bs, we all know we're using old an OS. The statement above says the're looking into an option.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  10. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

I corresponded with a couple of Daybreak customer service people. They wouldn't say anything specific about it, other than acknowledging that the issue hasn't been fun to deal with, and to "please be patient." I'm not sure what it really means.
  11. nantalbus Elder

I say at a guess that it means they trying to get all teams on on page. On a game this big and stuff its not going be 1 team doing everything. As been said before some think that the launcher is not done by the same people who do the game. As Daybreak uses one base launcher program for all their games with different minor changes for each game. Sense the game still runs on older OS but the launcher don't its easy to tell that the team that dose the game itself is ok with other OS(for now. at some point as software/hardware improve pass the older OS they have to drop them at some point). But the team that dose the launcher is not. So its getting both teams talking and getting the launcher team to be willing to undo the change that happened.

Cause if the same team that ran the game it self ran the launcher this would have been fix a while back.

I think eq was the last of daybreak games that was still running on older OS. some team decide it was time to end it. but didn't let the other teams know.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don think there was any decision to end anything recently because that decision was made a few years ago. They just never sent out of their way to make it not work.
  13. J'bone Journeyman

If you can't run the patcher for EQ and EQ2, than how is this going to get fixed? Maybe if they ignore us, we'll just go away? Sucks to be me. So instead of finally being able to re-up after years of being destitute, I get to go computer shopping instead. Oh well, it's not like anyone is going to miss me. Sort of like being fired for being old and sick. You're out-dated, time for you to make room for the next gen.
  14. Kyra_Succubus Journeyman

I guess the question now is (after 12 days), is anyone from any department at Daybreak even reading these posts anymore? I mentioned to two Daybreak customer service people that we were being ignored here. They had no comment on it.

I recently got a used Windows 7 machine, but I haven't got it going yet. I won't use it until I have no other choice.
  15. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

That's kinda simple actually...

IF they ever fix it, all you will have to do is to manually delete the launchpad.exe executable on your eq folder, then re-download and run the EQ installer from launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/EQ_setup.exe

IF being of course the keyword.
  16. roguerunner Augur

thank you all for doing Tunare's work
  17. RadarX Augur

Please feel free to continue the discussion here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.