- Keep an eye out for a special gift for All-Access members coming soon!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

You mean the next expansion is not more Kunark to finish the rest of the continent? That seems like a bad idea. It better be amazing and not some weird hippy alien stoners again!
    slayerofbats likes this.
  2. Monkman Augur

Really hope they don’t do another run of kunark. We’ve had our taste of nostalgia but personally I’m a little sick of the Sarnaks. Would have been nice to see a Karnors Castle reboot but since ROS already covered VP I think we’re done with kunark expansions.

Rumor on the street is next expansion is a POP remake-sequel
  3. Riou EQResource

It is not more Kunark, no, they said that story line is done for now, with RoS release

It is likely also why they did Hardcore Heritage in Sebilis instead of somewhere else, since knew the Kunark theme/story was done without the like eastern half of the continent
  4. DaciksBB Augur

Would have liked to see the state of Cabilis but I love the Discord trilogy so I'm fine with whatever
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Aurmoon Augur

While I loved playing through GoD and OoW due to the rich content (Epic 2.0s!), I didn’t really enjoy the themes that much. Assuming they are going to re-use zones / themes for future expansions to accelerate development efforts, my favorite zones and themes would be as follows:

Seeds of Destruction: Other than Bloody Kithicor which had terrible zone geometry (so much to get stuck on and tons of hills), I enjoyed this expansion. Getting around the expansion and each zone was reasonably easy and the whole timeline with Zeb felt cool. There was a lot of diversity in what the various tiers had to offer, but I felt that it fit.

Veil of Alaris + Rain of Fear: I really like fighting humanoid mobs (pass on Beasts Domain and the GoD-era animals). Alarans felt like the right combination of human / alien that I was very comfortable killing them or allying with them, depending on the needs. I also like the idea of destroying an entire enemy race’s city (City of Bronze / Shissar) and some of the themed group missions / raids (RoF Shissar Arena mission / raid). Good mix of wide open terrain and unique dungeon design (City of Bronze vs. Oseka).

Planes of Power: There is a reason why so many people loved this expansion. I really enjoyed that each zone had a unique theme with its own unique god or demigod ruling over the zone. Zones such as Halls of Honor and Bastion of Thunder were great because you really felt like you were fighting your way through a city that belonged to giants. The mobs were roughly 2x the size of players and, for the era, looked very badass and fearsome.
  6. Modef Lorekeeper

Does the 'special gift' include the ability to purchase EQD-cells in Marketplace?
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ah just saying I wish it worked on my summoned bankers (as I have 2 traders up lol) (vet reward : summon banker) in the baz. I see the gliders all over the place though lol.

Andarriel
  8. Aurastrider Augur

Weird yes but also free. I for one wont complain.
  9. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Sad nothing for us that don’t have pets tho.
  10. Aurastrider Augur

Is it a petamorph/familiar item? If so it will work with every class.
  11. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Okay sure, if I would walk around with my familiar out I guess... I liked it better when was straight character illusions but I get it’s just an appreciative item so it is what it is... but if I could choose I’d have opt’d for something else. :)
  12. Aurastrider Augur

Fair enough as I have a rather long list of cool pixelated items I want and this was not on said list. I am a collector of rather useless pixelated items so I always welcome an addition to the collection.
  13. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Why is noone calling this what it is...it's a dancing ...like really?