Kael partisan missions timer broken

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lancelove, Jan 4, 2020.

1. lancelove Augur

Both Kael partisan missions Wolf Bites Giant and The Ice Moves say the time limit is unlimited but they time out in 48 hours and disappear before they are finished. Very frustrating as both depend on waiting for a rare spawn in order to complete. Thank you!
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

They end if everyone in the quest logs out for to long. It isn't a 48 hour timer, if you get the quest today and go to sleep and wake up tomorrow it will have ended. Not sure but this may be the way it is suppose to work. Normally group task have a timer and do end.
  3. lancelove Augur

Ahhh so even though it says "unlimited" - it isnt. IE if your rare spawn doesnt pop in the 6-8 hours of trying to get it, and everyone logs off and goes to bed, then you have to go back and get the quest and start over. That seems odd to me but ok, thank you.
  4. Riou EQResource

Think any Shared Group Quest that lists "Unlimited" is actually 24 hours
  5. Natal Augur

Can Wolf bites giant actually be completed? I have spent days in Kael and not seen Frost at all (and no, he is not up somewhere else in the zone)
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Half the time I have helped people on this, they have missed a Frost spawn somewhere. You must have a tracker and check the north, east and south. I have personally seen Frost in pretty much every part of the zone.

That said, the easiest thing to do is attack the aggressive corpses in the center area of the zone. On respawn, they (like all giants in zone) have a chance for a wolf companion. And at some point the wolf companion will be Frost. The aggressive corpses just respawn faster and are more concentrated so you can generally pop more giants that way.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Best chance at this is to talk to the zone, was there last night another group was after Frost (we wanted Armsman) they asked in OOC for Frost and was told it had poped twice where another group were camping and they killed him not knowing anyone else wanted him. Next time he poped they got him.

Kael is still busy on my server and I imagine other servers are similar. While it isn't poping where you are it could be poping and being killed elsewhere.

Good luck
  8. Elsewhen New Member

Was rare hunting, spawned Frost 2 hours later. Group that wanted him unfortunately logged by that time.
  9. Natal Augur

What if you can't track? That is dumb way to implement a quest IMO. It should be reasonably doable for everyone, not only those who can track.

I have tried farming at other, but the only non regular wolves that spawn are Blackfang (many times) and Direfang (2X). No Frost. Those named wolves are a pita btw, it is wierd that they spawn way more frequently than a quest mob that presumably everyone needs.

I think this task is poorly designed. If you have to pop Frost, at least make him spawn at a specific place reasonable frequently if you have the task up. An ultra rare spawn that won't spawn if it happens to be up somewhere else in the zone without your knowledge is not how a task should be designed.
  10. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You don't actually need track … but you do need to make sure you run by every single place a giant can spawn … that includes the frozen pond with the opening in the south (yes, have seen Frost swimming … have even seen a named down there) or even the Arena audience. You have to go to every place an undead giant spawns to be sure there's not one up before starting.

It would have been better if he only spawned from an aggressive corpse (IMO) but that's not what you get.