Kael & npc tanking/dpsing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blood & gufts, Feb 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svann Augur

Agree that it was unintended. But it wasnt an exploit anymore than solo players pulling all of TT to evolve the TBL items. That too was unintended and nerfed, but not an exploit so far as the word is commonly known as something against the rules and actionable.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

The mere fact that the devs have nerfed the live giants dps.. is all the confirmation required to see if it was intended or not..

Common sense appears not to be so common..
    Cadira likes this.
  3. MmmmBop Wise Troll

This is currently being discussed in the bug section too. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/npc-in-kael-drakkel-tov.263115/

Please "like" that thread to upvote it so the devs will make the live giants tough again. Right now they are pansies that can be killed by anyone in heroic or better gear, which couldn't have been intended. Before the patch, it was high risk high reward to use them as dps - the slighting misstep on aggro and the live giants would chew you up and spit you out before you knew what happened. Now, they are hitting so weak, it doesn't matter if you go full AE burn or not... they just don't hit hard enough to force you to pay any attention to what you are doing.
  4. Laronk Augur

So you mean, it was high risk if you were exceedingly dumb. I did it for a 30 min lesson burn for fun on my paladin there was no danger really. I don't think it really needed a nerf but it got one which is fine also.
  5. svann Augur

Yea I already said that so you dont have to tell me. Unintended, but not an exploit (at least by the commonly understood definition: against the rules and actionable). Really very similar to the high dex TT instance flip used for evolving TBL stuff. Clearly unintended, then nerfed. But not really on the level of exploit. No one got warned suspended or banned. Not like cactusgate which really was an exploit.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Thats 1 opinion.
  7. Natal Augur

Lack of response is not permission. Permission requires an affirmative response, if they say nothing then the default is that you do not have permission.
    Duder and Whulfgar like this.
  8. svann Augur

Even though they were told it was going on no one got warnings. Thats fact not opinion.
  9. svann Augur

Google implied consent.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Eok.. had gaurds that did the exact same thing.. it was not condoned nor condemned by them then either. Until they (devs) said ok if yall try to make gaurds kill mobs instead of you doing it guards will change the lvl of the mob so you get zero loot and zero xp..

And that was just 2 expansions ago. Have they posted any where since.. admitting that change they implemented was "their bad" ??

If the answer is no.. then its clear indication they do not want people doin such.. No matter how ya wanna twist it..
  11. Tappin Augur

My question is how many times are they going allow things like this to occur before they realize that it’s always going to be abused?
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

As many times as it takes you to call for nerfs, Horatio Hornblower.
  13. Cadira Augur

Well for DZ's it took about 17 years.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Allayna Augur

This made me lol.

Clearly, silence doesn't mean consent when it comes to DBG or DPG now, even if it's been around for years.
    Whulfgar and Cadira like this.
  15. Kobrah Augur

They need to just Lcea guard the mobs... if either good or bad npc's touch each other .. mobs are lost for exp / loot.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

This is entirely sensible. Let em count for the quest (dialog says they should be able to help you) but 0 xp for the mob itself.
  17. Kobrah Augur

You can fight the mobs before they engage. Any aggressive corpse counts on that quest.
  18. Peltier Elder

Hate wack ### players.. who need this type of situation to enable themselves to play..

This type of situation is what i would 100% ban hammer every account that did this stupid tactic.
    sauron3030 likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Translation: I'm already max level, max AA and/or box a group/have a dedicated group to play with, so this does nothing to benefit me, so ban it.

Just because something does not fit your particular play style does not mean it is wrong.
  20. Monkman Augur

Dude, when was the last time you could use npc's to kill t2 namers? I saw a lvl 111 enchanter and 112 shaman down there non-stop pulling red cons for 30 minutes... theres no way that group could do that without these npc's basically killing/tanking for them. Stop being a horrible SK?
    sauron3030, Lianeb, Allayna and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.