Just starting everquest

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by C50802160, Oct 31, 2012.

1. C50802160 New Member

So I figured I'd give Everquest a try, the only thing is I hear this game is really group oriented so I was wondering what would be the best sever for a new player to start on? I plan on playing a Beastmaster, so i figure i can solo with that class hopefully, but it would be nice to play with others.

Any suggestions?
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Take a look at the server status page, and pick one that shows high population at your play times. Having said that, the newest server is Vox, which should still have a wider level spread, and therefore better grouping opportunities.

Make sure that you hire a tank merc ASAP, start in the tutorial zone (Gloomingdeep), and take a look at the Hero's Journey quests to get you started. Also see the guides in my sig, and pay attention to the various links FAQ sidebars for anything else you need.

Beastlords solo fairly well up to the low 70s, then go through a rough patch for a few levels, then get better again. All classes can solo with a merc fairly well, some better than others, although as you hit the content of the current expansion, you will start to need a group to progress.
    Geozen likes this.
  3. Draconic Journeyman

Hello and welcome to this wonderful game!

If your looking at trying to experience all that EQ has to offer you might want to check us out over on Trakanon Server, Progression X is a casual raiding progression guild. We are current in the Planes of Power expansion and lvl capped at 65. This means you can't go higher then that, but can get all your aa's etc. We do each raid in as near to real when it came out as possible and move up when we are ready to.

Check us out at our forums (look in sig for link) you can PM me here for more information or /tell Draconic, burp, Nemo or Sebli in game.

We are more then happy to help new players level up, get gear and learn the game. Beastlord is a great class. Look forward to hearing from you!