Just Mage Things. Pt II

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pistols4Pandas, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Pistols4Pandas Elder

This is a 3 Mage box group I've recently integrated a Host of the Elements and OfMany spell rotation into. What you're seeing is not typical of the class in a group environment and cannot be done this way with less than 3 Magicians in concert.

Many people suggest that adding a 3rd mage sets back your 3box by the loss of CC and ADPS abilities... they are in fact very wrong. A mage 3box can complete a Firebound alliance rotation on 1 mob every 15 seconds, impossible with just 2 Mages. Moreover, Mages cannot effectively utilize their best spells without a consistent presence of 6+ pets or swarm pets ( Host of the elements ) .. with 3 Mages you can keep swarm pets out 7 1/2 of every 10 minutes, with the base number of pets ( 1 Servant plus Primary Pet x 3 Mages ) assuring you have 6 pets up at all times and your OfMany will do a minimum of 24k Base damage with just those pets, but as much as 60k Base with 1 Mages swarm pets out. Lastly, 3 Mages with FireForm AA active will boost nearly every nuke cast w/ Flames of Power.

It is hypothetically possible to do a Synergy Cascade by casting swarm pets at staggered timing but thats something i've yet to try.

I tied my HostOf AA casts into my Firebound Alliance Social, so I can easily stagger & spread the timing using Forceful Rejuvenation at the onset of my grind rotation, assuring I have Swarm pets up as long as possible each 10 minutes, which is about 65-70% of the time.

So pull 1 Will be Mage 1 Swarm pets + Alliance.
    Pull 2 will be Mage 1 Alliance ( but n

When my swarm pets are not out, I will pop 1 of 3 available burns to fill the 'damage gap', if you can call it that.

Burn 1 is Frenzied burnout. Which Ive tied to Key 8 on a broadcast. This burn lasts for 2 mobs.

Burn 2 is a Full Nuke Burn minus Elemental union, tied to key 7 on a Kay broadcast ( I havent purchased the last ranks Union yet ). This lasts 3-4 mobs.

Burn 3 is my BP clicks, tied to Key 0 on Broadcast, which amount to 1.8 million damage and last maybe 1 1/2 mobs.

By the time my 3 burns are done My Host Of the Elements has refreshed and I begin again.

Key E Begins my social sequence which launches a swarm pet from each mage, it also contains , /potion activate 3 ( Orb clicky ), /pet attack, & /qswarm to bring all available pets to bare on the mob.

Following Key E I will strike either Key 1, 2, or 3. Each key corresponds to the Mage whom I want to cast Firebound Alliance, while it hits a Key Re-map to tell the other 2 mages to Nuke while he's doing it. ( those nukes are OfMany ( to utilize Synergyproc'd from servant to max effect ) and then Chaotic... ) Keys 1 , 2 and 3 also start by releasing all 3 mages Force of the Elements.

Once Firebound Alliance is on and the other 2 mages finish their 2 nukes ( 1 of which hits after alliance is on )...

I Strike Key ( ~ ) . Which launches a nuke Social ( Spear, Ofmany, Orb Clicky, Chaotic, Bolt ) from all 3 mages that sets off Firebound Alliance by the 3rd Nuke without fail. Or the 1st -2nd if I'm using twincast.

By placing OfMany immediately after Servent for 2 of the mages. I get a 60k Base damage nuke augmented by Conjurers Synergy ( 50% more base damage ), making 2 of the mages do a close to 100k Base dmg OfMany strike when swarm pets are out, this hits Hard. ( you'll see this hit w/ Twincast around 5:40 in video )

By placing Orb Clicky at the Beginning of the fight, I'm able to utilize 2 per fight. I do occasionally get whacked from aggroing at onset this way but deaths are rare.

Similarly, If the mob isn't dead by 20 seconds or the end of my spell rotation, Force has refreshed and I use it as a finisher from all 3 mages.

Before utilizing Ofmany & Host, and using basic Key Broadcast, I was doing around 250kdps w/ 3 mages, tabbing through my windows and doing lots of clicking... you can see that here

With the new spell lineup, Host integration, Synergy AA, and using a basic keybroadcaster to avoid tabbing through windows, I'm now doing about 475kdps sustained during my grinds ( downtime for pulling ), with the ability to burst at 900KDPS. It is also much less mana-intensive than my previous lineup which utlized a lot of spears.

Shoutout to Tucoh and Iblis for their helpful posts and suggestions.
    IblisTheMage, Metanis, Kobra and 2 others like this.
  2. lancelove Augur

Well done sir...with another glass of cab please ;)
  3. tnot Elder

Damn. Rhino at 7:15 didn't have time for last rites :(
  4. ptah Augur

Would like to say good work.. also adding more stuffs.. so yeah nice work.
    I 2box and at times add a 3rd if when I cant get another to add in..its happens
    so I run mix and match maxtrix of 3 box options.. and Mage mage mage is 1 of several options.

I like it.. the alliance and magemagemage stack is nice.. the pets are great.. what I don't like is this logic.. of when I pull 1.. if you 3 magi.. pull more.. set extended window to support your needed pre set tar; tar tar

Rain? Not just on a cloudy day.. but stack them bastards up... I would and do find 1 pulls boring and lost of kill time stupid boring. more is fun.. stress the mercs out.. they will not complain.. I promise.

As for the mage mage and Xclass.. some strong thirds out there.. I main a bard.. so I love them. Shaman or clr.. you enjoy controlling the heals?Druid. more beeps and ports.. Wizard to make the mages fell less than.. mega stun with pally on AE group heals and stuns.. Chanter own all.. Nec if you wanta attempt harder content.. ranger if you bad for them.. so many others that add a different role than the simple 3 class stack and mash.. its simple I get it.. but when group content is too simple. you will be rolling a PC healer..

I would think a bst is too active. in play but interesting to look at kitty..

Have and enjoy yourself and your team step up.. seeing you rolling something new in 3 months.. this is too boring. mage mage mage stack. me cant track tar selects.. grrrr AE too much. merc sucks.. need PC heals.. INC pet nerf (jinx) .. me need PC tank.. bah bah bah bah bah bah bah

have a nice day..
  5. tnot Elder

youre not wrong about rains, they're invaluable to a main-Mage not boxing. When I 2-boxed I learned to use rains and used them regularly to put the pain on 2 mobs at once and fully utilize the mercs healing abilities ( and mine to sub out mercs won they're lom ) and grind to maximum effectiveness.

In RoS avoiding adds is almost impossible, they made it so, and w/ the ability to utilize OfMany w/ 6 pets rains actually become irrelevant.

For a single player, main'ing a mage, not using rains is a crime, you can deal with the mishaps actively, but when you introduce 3 mages with an effective Host rotation like OP, rains become not just irrelevant but they're also dangerous.

I've mained a Mage for 13? years. Rains are invaluable but if you're boxing they're nearly useless if your main isn't a tank who can AE aggro.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Grumpy old man time...

Why is this in Veterans Lounge and not in Caster class forum?

Also, just nerf magicians already. I have not had a good nerf in awhile...
  7. IblisTheMage Augur