Just going to say it, you are killing the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by InnerDruid, May 6, 2019.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Interesting...Whulfgar tells me and others in this thread that "it's the l33t cubby hole" that is the secret of one of the TBL trials. Pretty sure that was not in the lovely task system we have to work with.

Maybe I need to look for Colonel Mustard in the parlor next time I try that fiasco.(trials).
  2. Whulfgar Augur

What you crying about now ? I'm online now. Speak up dont beat round the bushes.
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Nothing important, just your hypocrisy. "The task system is GREAT" but _insert-l33t-strAtz_001 that you apparently can get from just asking anyone?? Amirite?
  4. Whulfgar Augur

I've stated repeatedly I prefure the old EQ across the board. Dunno where you get the idea I ever said the current task system is great.

And sorry if your server sucks that not many people know the strats until better server's beat the content then trickle down the information per mission / part / merc ..

My server, I'm one of the people who actively goes out an does that stuff to help others with the information I learn.

Sorry for ya skill bruh .. if you suck you suck thats all there is to it. Play mo betta git guud all that jazz .
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

You should be more specific.... accusing someone of hypocrisy without any information whatsoever is a bridge too far most of the time.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You mean it's most "play mo" right? Throw more time at "false difficulty." Not real difficulty like dealing with dots of some mobs in some TOV zones, or figuring out pathing or CC on trick pulls.

Maybe some day, in the middle of your self congratulatory oration of how gud you are and how everyone else just needs to "git gud" you'll see the distinction.

edit: oh...REKED.
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

What is your actual point? Other than attacking someone on the forums, I mean.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

9. Whulfgar Augur

Couldent help but notice you dident answer my question.

Should I break it down barny style for ya .. an use small words an all that stuff hmm puddin?
  10. Whulfgar Augur

You can continue to cry here on the boards all you want. As I finish out my literal 8th 9th an10th alts threw all of ToV .. in less then 2 months I've now ran 1 raid geared toon and 11 none raid geared toons threw all of ToV and only missing like a collective 5 namers on all toons.

But ya you right .. you right .. "false" what again .. oh there I see it .. false difficulty..

keep on .. keeping on with ya crying bruh.. some one some where some day .. gonna believe ya.
  11. BlueBayou New Member

I agree in principal Natal, however, the Devs do not have an easy task here.

On one hand the thinking makes sense with a dwindling population but on the other you have folks who can and do afford to run multiple accounts ergo the "boxers who are killing the game" mentality that started from day 1....

Now these boxers have matured and using tools (100's of them) can and do run their own raids.....yes its true ( and they can also justify their mentality to do that)...so if you are going to have 24 or 36 person raids that have the same loot and reward as the top tier raids then you are going to see the death of the high end raid guilds instead.....

What might be the beginning of a compromise is already in TOV for example the fact that spell buffs no longer have RK2 and RK3 which is a step in the right direction. High end raiders will level up their alts and aim to complete as much of the high level game as possible. The evolving loot gave four pieces that anyone in the game could obtain that surpassed raid gear - sure certain raid achievements were needed to max it. This is another step in the right direction.

I disagree with the OP though. I think this expansion has been too easy. we are just over 1 month and ten days and most folks in our mera classed guild are done with their alts......thats full merc, parti and group ach. They are working on TS earring and five in our guild have it maxed as much as possible and some have done it for their alt too.....

Now, I get the point that some folks work for a living and cant dedicate all that time to this game and part of me is happy that this expansion has been easy but that's only because I just don't have time to play like I did for the past 20 years. Maybe its part of the plan.....have alternating expansions one hard one easy so that the group game CAN catch up a bit. /shrug I still think that this expansion has been too easy. Our guild did Beta and we cracked most of the raids before we went live so perhaps that is what has made it easy.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

At least you live up to your own advice...sort of...in that you just "play mo"
    Fixes everything right?
  13. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

The people who say "git gud" mostly just throw more game time at the problems many point out with the game. Their "git gud" advice is a sham.
    Annastasya and Dyna like this.
  14. Dyna Elder

I disagree with the OP though. I think this expansion has been too easy. we are just over 1 month and ten days and most folks in our mera classed guild are done with their alts......thats full merc, parti and group ach. They are working on TS earring and five in our guild have it maxed as much as possible and some have done it for their alt too.....

Now, I get the point that some folks work for a living and cant dedicate all that time to this game and part of me is happy that this expansion has been easy but that's only because I just don't have time to play like I did for the past 20 years. Maybe its part of the plan.....have alternating expansions one hard one easy so that the group game CAN catch up a bit. /shrug I still think that this expansion has been too easy. Our guild did Beta and we cracked most of the raids before we went live so perhaps that is what has made it easy.[/quote]

Not easy just not much content at least Burning Lands. I guess they thought if they make it hard to impossible it would keep you going instead of content.
    Cloud the Third likes this.
  15. enclee Augur

I disagree with Dyna, the accessibility of the content isn’t the issue. If, people are completing things quickly it means they’re engaging and enjoying the content. The real issue is the lack of content with ToV. If, it was ramped up in difficulty it wouldn’t change the fact that there are only 4 missions and half the zones only have mercenary tasks.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Whulfgar like this.
  16. Whulfgar Augur

Bingo.. perfectly stated.
    enclee likes this.
  17. Dyna Elder

Haven't really done anything there yet just bought it so I could level and hope to pass the previous expansion. I am not completing those quickly as you know and many are not unlike me, we don't have time to search out elite groups and get help.
    Like I said we have had no trouble boxing previous expansions.
  18. Mantropius New Member

It would seem to me that the emphasis on playing the game with the attitude of crowing to one's buddies about how uber they are, has taken EQ from a world of immersed wonder,(in 1999), to a game that is essentially a bunch of kids and adults squabbling over digital prizes so they can play their own version of "My dog is better than your dog"! Why is braggadocio so much more important than the content of the game that you actually know? How many of you uber raiders can even navigate zones like Siren's Grotto these days? Oh I know, the magic of box groups. Bah!

Playing the game this way is all well and good, but what about all of the veteran players that do not play at that breakneck pace? I maintain 5 accounts in this game with All-Access status on all of them and I do so because I love this game and not because I want to brag to everyone about how important I think I am.

It is an unpopular Philosophy these days, but I agree with the original poster of this thread when he says that you guys are killing this game. And the you in that previous sentence is not the YOU of the game designers, but the YOU of the uber raiders who ignore all the lesser content only to squabble over the big prizes and then sit back on your laurels and complain to the GM's about how slow they are to make more new content for you so you can be UBER all over again. It is a vicious cycle that will end when they can't afford to curry to your desires and the game owners pull the plug. I will mourn on that day. But what could I possibly know?
    Borm_of_fv and Bobokin like this.
  19. Whulfgar Augur

This guys from the Rathe. This guy cant even get into a raid guild that is in current content, which would explain his attitude twords those who have the skill to get into current content farming raid guilds.
  20. Maedhros High King

I think we can say "wish granted" and move on at this point.