Just came back last week.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Magicite, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Machen New Member

Would be nice if they bump up the xp on phinny, but is it really too slow when even the more casual guilds are beating each expansion in era?
  2. nagash101 Augur

Yup i am talking about a new TLP server that is SLOWER for us old fellas with jobs and kids.
  3. Machen New Member

Phinny does just fine for us old fellas with jobs and kids. I'm one of those guys. Didn't stop me from getting to 65 already, even if I did it a bit more slowly than a lot of my (semi casual) guild.
  4. Doomroka Journeyman

Im not sure how you think that is the new player experience. i came back just a bit before the PoP launch and ive been hopping between alts, gotten multiple characters up to the 40s and there are always groups.... when there arent, i can start one and fill it in 15 minutes in a good zone. your observations are simply the result of not making smart attempts at grouping. there are tons of filled zones for low levels, PC, Unrest, CoM, Guk, all have groups going at all hours. sure, there are dead zones and sometimes it hard to find a group but this is an 18 year old game so a thriving community in every zone you want is just being completely unrealistic. I start groups every single day for <40 characters

also the exp is not really that slow - it simply gives you time to experience the camps for more than a goddam hour. if you're a casual who wants to just adventure and explore zones, then why is there a complaint about exp? spending time leveling should be exactly what you want to do, its not like the game is super extra fun at max level for casuals who dont raid. i dont see any problem with having it take 45 minutes in a group to achieve a level, i dont know why people insist that they dont wanna spend any time leveling. this exp rate seems pretty quick while remaining reasonable enough to actually make the leveling portion a real part of the game. its so easy to catch up, it just takes some time, which just increases the value of your alts and makes you take more consideration into what you spend your time in.
  5. Dilf Augur

I don't think the server is dying, but I was awfully shocked last night to waltz into Unrest at 9:30pm EST to find only 3 other people in there. Even with 20+ raid guilds raiding, this zone has been overpopulated since the inception of this server. I know how the OP feels, but I'm not certain if the new TLP is where people are going to flock, unless it really adds the fun features people are begging for. I feel like I'm too far behind as well, so I end up going back to FV. Having only 1 PST raiding guild blows, too. I don't sweat it though, raiding 6 days a week back in the day was more than enough.
  6. Kahna Augur

It's only 3 weeks into the new expansion. People are still leveling their mains and getting new AA's. It does suck for the new folks just starting out but there will be plenty of people leveling alts soon enough. 6 months of PoP after all. I even started up a new alt last night, there were 40 people in the tutorial, so it can't be all dead at low levels. Do a few /who all 10 15 or whatever level you are in searches. That will tell you pretty quick what the go to zone is. Follow the crowd and you will level just fine. Or just wait for the new TLP this summer. The whole point of that TLP is to provide a home for latecomers.
  7. Seraphix Elder

Stop telling people how to play and enjoy the game. This is an incredibly annoying trope on these boards where people--and there are TONS--who would like marginally faster experience give reasons why THEY would prefer it that way and then those who disagree come in an attack their gameplay choices personally or infer they are somehow doing it wrong. Being max level and not raiding isn't fun? Who are you? Casual players also enjoy reaching THEIR power ceiling as well. We're not idiots that play to look at the pretty zone design. I don't want to "explore zones and go on an adventure". I want to camp the best spots, get gear, earn plat and socialize like anyone else. And it takes many hours of group play to get a level past the early 40s, so I'm not sure what you're on about with 45 minutes--which would be many magnitudes faster than I'm even asking for. I'm glad the snail's pace works for you. It doesn't, for us.
  8. Doomroka Journeyman

how exactly am i telling anyone how to play any more than the people who want exp raised? they gave reasons why they want it raised, i say reasons why i dont think it should be raised. my use of the word adventuring is a reference to a previous post here about someone saying thats what casuals want. of course anyone whos against you is arguing wrong though, your reasons are the only ones with merit. of course you want people to stop talking about reasons why they like it the way it is because then it just makes you think everyones on your side.