Just because we are all thinking it...Mob HPs in TDS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RoguesOwn, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wants New Member

All this sounds like they are making the xp and fights like PoWar...well maybe I don't renew my 3 subscriptions as the progression and fights like that...I don't want to box, maybe it is just time to leave the game for good this time.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Zentara Augur

To anyone that blames a dev for not playing his own game, you've obviously never developed a game before on a large team. It's a JOB...and honestly it's rather rare that a majority of developers get assigned to games that they even enjoy personally...it does happen, but often you're in a genre or play style that simply isn't what you want to do in your spare time.

Even when you DO enjoy playing the game that you're developing, it's still extremely difficult to work 8-12 hours a day on a game, and then go home and spend your only "down time" playing that same game...it wears you out incredibly quickly.
  3. Kolani Augur

As of Friday, Gribble's missions are still better xp and more rewarding at level 102 than anything in Tempest Temple or Deluge. We did the HA in Tempest on Thursday night, and the xp gain was minimal compared to an equivalent CotF heroic - even TOWER OF ROT.

Also, I don't think the mob hp are out of hand, but I might also conjecture that some of the ones we've seen so far were tuned vs an instakill class in group with the AA up to date. Admittedly, we are slacking, so it may be different in higher tiers.
    Lisandra likes this.
  4. Makavien Augur

You act like they don't have 20 people at minimum per class paying to test the game for them and that those people don't give them ideas or ways of fixing and making the game better then it has ever been .

But most of the feedback is ignored completely disregarded and 96% of what I have read for each class the design suggestions that should be in the game is no where near overpowered.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I like my job, but I don't go home and do it on my off time when I can help. I don't expect the Devs to do it on their off time either if they can help it either.
  6. Drakang Augur

Get past first 2 zones and XP improves. This is more like old EQ where leveling and progressing took time and effort. To many are used to new expansion boom did it all. I find it refreshing that you have to work for what you get in TDS. Took my group 30 hours to do all of the progression. Pure luck that several of us all had the week off. By the last zone we were down to 3 that had kept up. But tagged up with another group of 3 to finish Arx. I would rather have not rushed through it all but needed to for raiding. now I can go back and enjoy.
    drkoli likes this.
  7. Vlerg Augur

A Combine skinner on 2014-11-02 in 87sec
    Total
    --- DMG: 7447742 (100%) @ 85606 dps (85606 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 834217 @9814dps
    Entreri
    --- DMG: 3288871 (44,16%) @ 37803 dps (37803 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 129457 @9247dps
    Vuuil
    --- DMG: 2727537 (36,62%) @ 33263 dps (31351 sdps)
    --- DMG to PC: 704760 @10068dps
    Voids
    --- DMG: 962929 (12,93%) @ 25340 dps (11068 sdps)
    Revokes
    --- DMG: 468405 (6,29%) @ 5712 dps (5384 sdps)
    Special: 7: 7th yr vet G: Glyph K: Kiss S: Staunch X: Slain $: Saved by DI
    Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

new high? 15 mil hp trash mob in thuliasaur?
  8. Sancus Augur

Looks like 7.5 million to me? But still it's rather high.
  9. CaptAmazing Augur

This hopefully will give you some perspective. I had regular exp. set at 80% for virtually all of this. But, to off set that, I am on FV and we have 50% exp. bonus.

I did progression through Degmar minus the final group one. All Merc quests in Degmar and Brother Island and a few in the other zones. Hunter Achievement on Brother Island and camped the aug for six named before it dropped. I camped a named in Degmar while watching TV for a little while too.
    So I think everyone would agree that's a good amount of killing and quest rewards all told.

For all of that, I went from 50% in 101 to 60% in 102.

That's right 1.1 level in all that time.. Not more rewarding in any way. So I figure there's maybe one more level of progression content left and then I'll head to CotF to get 105. I'd call the exp. in TDS many, many things but rewarding would not be one of them.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Occasional long fights are fine but making them too common is a bad idea.... people have to deal with RL, things like people at the door, going bio....... gonna need a bladder bag with all these long fights. :) Just saying.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Zakor Elder

Some of my solo fights are over 2 mins.
  12. Stickietoes Augur

No one has knocked on my door in since... 2008, cept the mail man notifying I got a packed! or the CIA, but they can wait.

But yes, Thuliassuar is the worst!

7 million HP for 2% aa :eek:
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Pwnography Augur

Thuliasaur xp is quite wonderful. The main issue is that the Combine-type mobs required for the partisan tasks give close to zero experience. The final group mission is my go-to source for grinding a lesson. If you stray off the path, you'll notice anything not partisan related (any dino, etc) give a substantial amount of experience.

I understand that they wanted to take away the experience for the near-instant respawning mobs to avoid them from being farmed, but a balance really needs to be struck there. In terms of hp, Arx Mentis seems even less pleasant.
  14. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

At first I was like o_O but now that I'm in arx mentus I'm over the exp and high mob hp. There are a few mobs where it's just ridiculous but eh what ever I'm used to it by now
  15. blood & gufts Augur

Here the following you might wanna look into:
    Xp in TDS.
    Put chests into the missions Again, chests that contain spell + items.
    Increase chance for visible armor on nameds, and spells on nameds.

Decrease number of hps on mobs by around 30%.
    Decrease number of hps on taskmobs by 50-60%
    Decrease dps from TDS trash by something like 20-30%, there some posts that show that increase on TDS mobs been exceptionel high.

Remove flagging from all zones, except 2 final zones.

Allow people to do tasks in the open zones in any order they want, in other Words: Remove the liniar progression.

Finally, remove the randomness on loot for raids, where there is random number of spells, armor and such.
    Make it 4 spells, 2 visible, 1 culture, 2 items, 2 weapons
    Close to what it has been in previous expansions.

Oh and in Arx, allow pets to do damage on the power Things, at final mission.
  16. Zentara Augur

Please do not do ANY of those things...except maybe tasks in any order.
    drkoli likes this.
  17. drkoli Augur

i cant tell if this is serious and your asking for easy mode to be enabled. or if you are just being funny because everyone else is complaining.

but if your serious....
  18. Leex Pewpewer

Funny, I have no problem with the mobs in TDS and that's boxing with my bard( main is a magician )

Maybe you guys should learn to increase your DPS a bit instead of saying mobs have to many HPs. Any of you who played in the old school day's should be happy they are trying to bring SOMETHING from then back.

My advice to those who are having issues with HPs, talk in general regarding your class, compare what you do to others who are getting higher dps, download a parse and see what you're putting out..

Thank you devs, I felt in cotf the 20 -30 second trash mobs were a little pathetic. These ones at least take a good beating!

P.S I'm sorry to those I offended, that wasn't the intention of my post, but I know how most of you think you're gods gift to EQ when in reality you kinda slack. If you're having issues with HPs maybe try re learning up on your class and don't take offense to people suggesting it, when you're all obviously complaining about lack of dps, not high levels of HPs.

Pewpew!
    Zentara, Elricvonclief and Sancus like this.
  19. Marshall Maathers Augur

HP was made higher to extend the duration of the content. What you are saying is that you have no problem with the lack of content and arbitrary timesinks.

That's cool and all, but don't disguise it as being uber or something.
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

Putting words in my mouth, so to speak does nothing as I didn't say that. I'm saying a lot of you complain the HPs are too high, and I'm sure most of you aren't fully dpsing as fights last barley a minute if that with me and my box..No burns..etc.

The fact that the game for MANY years had mobs that you couldn't down within under 30 seconds isn't even arguable, it's obvious they are bringing back that part ( or trying to ) of the game, along with aggro mechanics. ( per SoE employee's )

I'm not disguising anything, I think you took offense. I'm sorry if you're having trouble killing mobs, maybe you should re think your class? Or maybe grab some information from someone who's more knowledgeable.

Good luck Marshall! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.