Just a quick thought

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ionscout, May 4, 2021.

1. Ionscout Journeyman

Remember when EQ was new? No fan sites or spoilers (not right away at least). Grouping with real people was fun? You had to "hail" every NPC to see if it had a quest, and guess at the right words to use? It was all a mystery.

What if...a TLP was launched that had "Mystery Features" that you had to discover again. Sure sure...Mangler xp rate ...etc...but the rest remained ...unknown.

Just a thought to spark the wonder of EQ again.

Cheers!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sounds like a new game and it would quickly get put on on fan sites anyway. Doesn't take long these days for that information to spread.
    Xhartor likes this.
  3. Ionscout Journeyman

Too true...I double dog...NO I TRIPLE DOG dare them to try!
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

So like...they remove the [words] from NPCs and somehow block ZAM from being opened in a browser while EQ is playing? How would that even work? You want mystery, play deeper into the expansions where not many people know what to go looking for and ZAM doesn't have every single detail and mechanic written out.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

I have a quick thought too. Make the 40 slot bags non-lore and let me buy 8 of them for my guy. Come on DPG, you are missing out on a lot of money from us goobers who keep remaking on each new TLP.

For the love of Bristlebane make a Mischief pack at least that gives me 8 of the 40 slot bags. Do it as a bundle that is only claimable on Mischief, I don't care. Make it cost $250, again, I don't care. Just give me that sweet, sweet room to store the pixels.
  6. SunDrake Augur

If you are suggesting randomizing quest givers, then I approve. If you are suggesting going so far as to randomize quest items required, then I applaud you. All the threads about Wizard epic bottlenecks, Enchanters not having their epics within a month? Imagine a scenario where each class had to resolve the quest again, and get the drops, with 3 months classic til Velious. Fizzlethorpe would be pleased.
  7. Triconix Augur

This amazing thing happens after many expansions where you start to free free bags as rewards for achievements *Shocked face*

You get so many you don't know what to do with them all. You also get this thing called a house to store even more pixels! So much room! So many pixels to be had for those who are patient.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

9. Herf Augur

Not going to happen. As I've written elsewhere, DayPaw is like candy bars: there are like 5-8 ingredients they can mix and match to make new candy bars, but the bottom line is you've tasted it all before. They will not, or cannot, spend money to make new content for TLPs.

In this case the ingredients are: expansions, XP rate, unlock rate.
  10. SunDrake Augur

This server doesn't seem like that, Herf. This is literally the thing they said a year ago that they would not do, and a random fun component that hasn't been done before. It'll be big.
  11. SunDrake Augur

and it also includes a custom unlock that was another big request. It falls in to pattern, but it keeps a brisk pace compared to all previous servers [Selo excluded]
  12. Zinth Augur

lol there were fan sites VERY fast... thousands of super hyped players and everyone had their little website... but we quickly got Caster's Realm and other sites where players posted their own guides of "where to hunt" and "solo this n this class" and what not. they were simple at first... but the game was also simple... then things grew more n more complicated and quest text needed an enigma machine to be decrypted so now we have eqressource and allak and lucy etc. to help with all such stuff because the help isn't really in game or easily available.
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Just a quick thought.

Put the subject in the title.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
  15. Karreck Somebody

There were plenty of fan sites back in the day. It only took a few days for information to circulate across countless Angelfire pages, and shortly thereafter came the big websites like Casters Realm and Alla.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

And if it happens, this free trade server will be the first time I didn't chase the TLP dream.
  17. Elabone Augur

Pantheon is going to have a year AT LEAST in alpha and beta, the latter of which has no NDA iirc. The sites are going to be up and running long before the game launches.
  18. Numiko Augur

I had a full set of maps in 1999, was in a binder beside my computer but I had em!