July update is not working correctly

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bobokin, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Bobokin Augur

Since the July update, Everquest does not log out all of the way. It hangs and gives a timeout error. I have asked around, and I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

Worse, the game crashes the video driver. Sometimes it recovers, but I often get a BSOD. I cannot just update the driver because this video card has problems with the latest drivers.
  2. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

video card has problems with the latest drivers.
    That sounds like your problem
  3. Kalrista New Member

I get the same issue only without any video driver issues, login server just seems busted
  4. Killertoxin New Member

When I logged out to swap toons game crashed with a timeout occurred error. Since then I have not been able to login or quick connect in. Still getting "Error- A timeout occurred" This issue has been on going for the last hours or so.
  5. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

His sound card is not he issue. I have the exact same thing going on since the last big patch. The login to sever select has taken a poo. I have four different computers. Two desktops and two laptops. The latest laptop is less than a year old and made for gaming. All four behave the same. There is a time out error when attempting to reach the sever select screen.

Repeatedly trying, over and over, and eventually you will get in. But DBG knows it is borked and is staying silent as always.
  6. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Mine works fine..
  7. Bobokin Augur

Logging out has not worked correctly since the patch for many players. The BSOD just started two days ago, and the log in problems started today. I had none of these problems until the July patch, and it has not affected other internet programs.
  8. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

actually ,its screwd.
  9. Nifty Slacker Augur

Are you running eq on a laptop? How old is your video card? How old are the drivers?
  10. Arba New Member

Same here I have been working on this all day without success and have provided every file requested and all the information I could but have not heard back from anyone. I was fine playing with my three free accounts and as soon as I pay for All Access which happens to be right after the update. Hum

I have been able to get in after trying for hours but as soon as my character zones everything locks up and doesn't work again.

I have exhaustively provided every step, update, error, and DxDiag, NetInfo, and MSInfo32 files but have not heard back. 10 hours working on this today. System is Win10, updated video drivers, installed older DirectX 9c files, and top of line Alienware system with 800+ internet connection tested out on Day Breaks website resulting in A+ results. I am very interested to know what is going on.