Juggernaut's Weapon Proficiency Skill Achievement

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Gragas, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Gragas Augur

Why is kick on berserkers skill achievements? Kick and frenzy are on the same timer last time I checked, so why is kick on there? Please remove kick no zerker would ever use it over frenzy. Last time I used kick was on Fippy, just because nothing else worked and it gave me something to skill up.
  2. fransisco Augur

umm... because it's an achievement for maxing all your weapon proficiencies?
    Its not an achievement if you only have to do the parts you like.
  3. Gragas Augur

Since when is kicking a weapon unless a monk?
  4. Agrippa Augur

I had to raise hand to hand and throwing as an enchanter. I'm sure you can figure out how to kick.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  5. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

Doesn't it take a successful kick to land Intimidate?
  6. gcubed Augur

Yes and no.

When you successfully intimidate a mob, you will kick it but there doesn't seem to be any kick skill checks involved. Two classes with intimidate (bards and rogues) do not have a kick skill at all and seem to intimidate just as well (just as poorly?) as berserkers and monks.

As for why it is there, you have the skill so if you want the achievement you have to max it, much like a ranger needs to max throwing to get the achievement. Just arm yourself with a fire beetle eye, go to a zone with a bunch of green and high gray cons and kick the crap out of things until you max it.
  7. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I know for monks, if you are trying to intimidate, you can't use any of your kicl/punch special abilities. For example, if your eagle strike is on cooldown at the end of the intimidation then nothing happens and the intimidation auto fails.

I have also seen skill ups on our special attacks from the 'attack' that happens at the end of intimidation.

Then again that was all many years ago since the skill use been useless for quite a while.
  8. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

I always thought the Intimidation had to pass two checks in order to land/get a skill up. The first check was to land a successful kick. The second check to see if the kick successfully initiates an intimidation. That's why it's ridiculously hard to get skill ups on it. I could be wrong, but I always thought this was the case.
  9. gcubed Augur

I have two toons that have Intimidation as a skill. A rogue (who can only kick during an Intimidate) and a bard whose only kick attack is an AA (Selo's Kick). Both have gotten skillups when their kicks missed, and when parried. The kick doesn't actually have to land for a skillup (it does have to land to actually intimidate the mob), just attempted. But the attempt only occurs around 3% of the time. There may be a difference in the chance of a skillup on a successful kick as opposed to a parried or missed kick, but without the attempt to kick there is no chance at all of a skillup.

I have mentioned this in other Intimidation threads but I like to think of this as similar to what a spell caster goes through when they attempt to skillup a magic discipline.
    If the caster is attempting to skillup Evocation, they will select a low level nuke and cast it over and over. Three things can happen:
    1. The spell can fizzle or be interupted and not be cast at all. If that happens they can't get a skillup.
    2. The spell can land and there is a possibility of a skillup.
    3. The spell can be resisted and there is a possibility of a skillup.

If the kick in intimidate is attempted whether resisted (parried/missed/etc.) or not or the kick lands, you can get a skillup. If you fizzle (no attempt to kick at all) you can't get a skillup. The primary difference is where the caster will fizzle 3% of the time we get the reverse and fizzle 97% of the time.
  10. Maereax Augur

Everyone has to level up hand to hand and throwing. It's an achievement, not a "please hand me this for doing the things i normally do"ment.
    anthraciteMT likes this.