Jorlleag's Retort - Possible Bug?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ourok, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Ourok New Member

I have been playing around with Jorlleag's Retort in old world zones and am noticing that the reverse DS only lands on the first mob engaged after cast. From the spell description it sounds as if it could land on any mob attacked during the duration of the buff, but that doesn't seem to be the case. With the long recast time I find the Mark line of spells more useful when pulling 4 or 5 mobs at once as the Retort will only ever land on one of them.

Am I missing something or is this working as intended? Anyone else seeing similar results?

Thanks.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

That's how the spell is written (what you are seeing).

The description is a little backwards. The Mark part should be first in the description as that is done when the initial spell lands on the player (note ... no target means no mark placed).

The retort effect works as long as the buff is on the player and works through multiple mobs, regardless of mark status.

You can use the retort as a prebuff before engaging just to get a heal proc chance and they redo it during engage for the mark.

If you want a reverse ds on multiples, the Blood line (last one at 105) is the viral mark ... but it can go sideways if you don't want all the mobs at once.