Join Us on the Test Server Thursday!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Thunderkiks Augur

Ok great, thank you!
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

LOL test server peep asking to be throne a bone for doing what the test server is for.. testing. :) Made me chuckle.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummmm there shouldnt be enough on test to STRESS TEST it or that would mean usually there are too many people on test for other testing :)
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Great! The peanut gallery has shown up to make unnecessary negative comments. Don't you have a guild to run and other things to do?
  5. Hayzeus Augur

Wasn't it just last year that they nuked some sort of free access (or was it free expansions?) for the test server crowds, and now, after they've ruined their own lands and drove away the test server population, they're in a position where they need to beg and incentivize people to come test their stuff...

/reaping what you sowed
    Motherlee and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

That's what I was referring to when I asked for them to "throw us a bone" since that decision directly caused more than half the population to leave. Those of us left still play and maybe half of us have TDS on at least one account and most of those that do are like me and have it on several accounts.

We've been ignored or taken for granted for a long time and it would be nice to see Test get some courtesy and appreciation for continuing to stick it out after all the bumps and holes in the road.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. jeskola pheerie

I miss Legions of Blackburrow. Evil SoE killed it with the change in policy on Test Server expansion access. Maybe DBG can do the right thing and change Test back to how it was!
  8. Derd Augur

The first bad decision was making it not only subscription free but giving the expansion away.

The second bad decision was people from test coming on the boards and telling us all we should stop paying for the game and expansions and come to test where it was butterflies and rainbows.

People testing the game should have at least some skin in the game, and yes I know many did have paid accounts and paid for expansions. Saying it makes business sense to give that all away to play on that server is where I disagree, at least at a minimum you should have had to have one paying account and expansion to be able to create a second account for test or some such system.
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  9. Barbwarrior Augur

Is heroic test copy's still disabled I upgraded mine to heroic during the free period and couldn't test copy after that
  10. Rhaage Augur

I don't think so anymore. My character is a Heroic (has made many levels since) and was able to copy over. Alternate Currency might (and I emphasize MIGHT) cause a hangup.
  11. Barbwarrior Augur

maybe they should change it so level 105 chars that were heroic can test copy
  12. Ravengloome Augur

Heroics can already be Test copied.

Alt currency too.
  13. lyllyth New Member

I followed the directions, and now I'm trying to log into Test and I get the message:

"EverQuest cannot find the zone file 'oasis' in the directory that you are currently running EverQuest from. Please check and make sure that you do not have more than one directory with EverQuest installed..... etc. "

I don't have more than one directory. I wasn't in Oasis when I did my /testcopy command. I've never been on the Test server before.

What can I do to get into Test and help?
  14. Sheaffer Augur

As someone who was in LOB I agree with you for the most part. Most of us had one or two paid accounts that we bought expansions for...the bonus for us was we would have a whole bunch of extra box accounts to dink around with. Also helped with raids as we were never able to really fill out a raid with just mains. When I was on test I had five accounts I played actively, two of which were subbed...now I play live instead and just two box. I'm sure we had some members who weren't paying anything, but most were, and given all the downsides to the server, I think it was a pretty fair trade. I just wish they'd let me move my raid character off the server...obviously with no copied items and I wouldn't even really care if it was naked. I'd be happy to just keep the AAs, achievements, and titles.

When they made it so you had to buy TDS, we couldn't bring all our extra boxes to raids and that's a lot of what killed the guild. Well, that and Vaft coming back. Either way, LoB was a great guild and it's a shame it died.
  15. Derd Augur

over 100 people in g'fay how is that a fiasco? when was the last time test had over 100 people in any zone at one time.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

sheesh where did throne come from.. thrown. Thrown.
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Probably not since 1985 or never
  18. Poyzen Frawg Augur

I just got off Work. How did It go?
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Motherlee Augur

I totally forgot.
  20. Numiko Augur

I missed the whole thing, logged onto to test and my mom showed up unannounced for a visit ... only thing i saw scrolling back was getting hit by something for 650,000 points of damage .. :(