Join Us on the Test Server Thursday!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Apparently it's related to the extra slots past 8 characters. It works fine for 1-8 but 9-14 character slots are bugged and won't work with /testcopy is what I was told by someone on Test. I haven't tested it myself as I don't need to copy anything at the moment so that is just what I heard.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Slasher Augur

giving us a list of what to test would be nice just telling us to log in what do you expect us to do sit there what kind of testing is that :)
    Motherlee likes this.
  3. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Might just be a stress test but I agree that an idea of what you need/want would be helpful.
  4. Calia Journeyman

Daybreak doesn't believe in freebies. Can you remember the last time we had a double xp weekend because I can't.
  5. JChan Developer

There is no defined list of things to test. Just make sure that things on the Test Server (anything and everything that you do on Live servers) are behaving as they are on Live.
  6. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Basically, think of it like renovating a house. They've replaced all the knob and tube wiring with proper modern wiring.

Overall nothing should be changed; it should be invisible. But they need people on test to check everything out to make sure flicking on the kitchen light switch doesn't also turn on the bathroom fan, and similar strange crosswiring.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Ladihawk Journeyman

When we are logged into test do we need to contact anyone or what are we to do?
  8. Saroc_Luclin Augur

Move stuff around in your bank. Buy and sell stuff. Do Tradeskills. Form groups and kill stuff. Do quests, do HA's, do missions, do LDONs. Move augs around. Do a raid if you can. Use Mercs. Gain achievements. Try various charms. Turn in spell gems. Cast spells, use abilities, gain AAs, spend AAs.

Basically do all your normal stuff and make sure everything is like it is on live. The changes JChan and her crew have done should be invisible. What they want people to do is make sure they ARE invisible. If you can't find anything broken, then the changes worked.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Ladihawk Journeyman

Works for me although i am no longer on live servers and always on test.
  10. asgaard Augur

Looks to me like they want to show their appreciation to the folks on Test and draw more people there. Sounds like fun. I plan to be there.
  11. JChan Developer

On Thursday, we'll update the MOTD for the focus testing things and we'll also be doing broadcasts. Before Thursday, if you see something behaving differently on Test than on Live please /bug it or add it to this thread.

Thanks!
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

I wish I could be there, but it's too early.

Sounds interesting!
  13. Numiko Augur

woo!! maybe they are dumping the forgelight (or whatever EQ uses) engine and going to Unity! ..

Well one can dream can't they?
    Fallfyres and Motherlee like this.
  14. Motherlee Augur

If you think the population will be too low and want us filthy, casual, retired folks to log a dozen on, I'm going to need a couple days' notice to copy them. Also, I recommend that people take toons of all levels. I remember a bug that wasn't discovered two betas ago because everyone was either level 1 or maxed.

Will you need us to test instances related to GGHs?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I guess there's not enough of us on Test to stress test anything. :(
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

No one at DBG said anything about a stress test. /just sayin'
  17. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I took this to mean "stress test"
    Maybe I misinterpreted what she meant but I don't think I did.
    Motherlee likes this.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

Anything special we need to do before doing the /testcopy command? New to this whole idea and just wondering what to expect, thanks.
  19. Saeadyan Elder

The test server currently only recognizes the 8 original character slots no purchased ones so as long as you have less than 8 on test all will work as normal.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

If you've put something on your character specifically to copy to Test then you'll need to force a save by either trading any amount of any coin currency, zoning or logging out and back in before doing the /testcopy but otherwise no.
    Thunderkiks likes this.