Jerg Oakenfist anyone ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ginormus, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Ginormus Journeyman

Ok, after spending way too long in Jaggedpine Forest I'm really wondering if that mob still exists, on AB server...
    Anyone have seen him recently, serverwide ? Anyone has a hint to share on what the PHs are, or a hint on the cycle ?
    This is really driving us nuts now.
  2. menown Augur

Had it spawn twice for us on Xegony. The treants are the only PHs for it. Both times it spawned on the West side of the zone, pathing across the pathway.
  3. Orbital101 Augur

We spent 7 days to spawn him. it was our very last named to complete JP hunter... Keep at it. As far as what to kill or what to speed up is spawn is still unknown... Many of these rare had a ph to pop a rare to pop another rare or simular to Vaniki in DN... 4-5 PHs spawn every 122 hrs with 10% chance to spawn as a named or a invisible ph which reset the spawn to another 122 hrs once killed or fails to spawn which would explain why they dont spawn for 5 days and then have 2or 3 named pop back to back. Unless a dev decide to spill it out we will never know really.
  4. Omegga Elder

Any new hints on Jerg? We have been hunting him on and off the last month. Lately we have been focusing on the left side and have gotten a lot of a treants but no Jerg.
  5. Thancra Loladin

He spawned, but he wasn't as bad as Vaniki who only popped last tuesday after being MIA since mid june.
  6. Ishtass Augur

Pretty much what Goodurden said, it's rare as hell. I camped near the path intersection on the West side I believe. Was probably 5 days.
  7. Infyranna New Member

Thanks for the info , I am just wondering how treants are his only phers when sometimes there are no treants up.. So other mobs spawn treants which you kill and then it can spawn this guy? The only reason I ask is from experience in other zones like South Karana for example: Knari Morhawk can only be spawned from killing Aviak Phers but there is always some kind of Aviak available to kill at any given time.
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

9. Tobynn Augur

10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just kill treants and eventually he will spawn. much easier to spawn than goldentalon for me. Prob saw jerg 5 times vs only once on goldentalon.

Andarriel
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

12. Izzard of Bertox Augur

A typical 4 hour slay fest in western Jaggedpine pasted into an excel spreadsheet and filtered for "You have slain".

169 a black pinewolf!
    4 a dryad!
    41 a giant anaconda!
    2 a great kodiak!
    265 a greenwood bear!
    107 a greenwood grizzly!
    242 a grey pinewolf!
    1 a savage pinewolf!
    199 a timber griffawn!
    49 a timber griffon!
    40 a treant!
    111 a willowisp!
    If it's working as intended, then I just dont understad the mechanic of this rare MOB.

P.S. I find it interesting I did not cross paths with a single black panther.
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea there more east gotta kill those if you want Fiercewind.