J5 Merc for Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Aghinem Augur

Greetings,

Since the release of the Heroic Characters, I have seen a lot of complaining on genchat regarding people permacamping/overcamping KW for the J5 merc quests. Perhaps J5s should come with Heroic Characters to prevent zone over population?
  2. Shimmerleaf Augur

There is an easier task in dream feerrott for heroic chars to get J5 mercs, currently I think it is only for gold chars, but there were indications it should open up to silver and bronze. The devs have been quite generous already in ease of merc access.
  3. BrandeX Journeyman

because free/silver would get J5 for nothing I guess
  4. Fendy Augur

I did the dream feer quest on my heroic silver account today. It went fine. I got the J5 flag. but of course when I tried to buy the J5 merc I couldn't. Had to upgrade to gold to get it.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Honestly, I don't see why they did this at all. If anything non-heroic Gold memberships are the ones who should have been given a simple quest to get the J5 mercs. I've already gotten mine, but really what's the point in making the easy quest for them only available to glorified twinks and not available to those who have actually leveled their characters up?
    tanith and beryon like this.
  6. Kolani Augur

Why anyone is going to KW for their heroic's J5s is beyond me. The respawns on the mobs in Dream is fast enough that you can go out there and complete it in pretty much less time than it takes to walk out to KW, much less hope for enough scouts to be spawned to complete it in one sweep. I did it Wednesday night with three other people (and I actually redid it, to make sure everyone was on the right step) and we were done in less than 15 minutes. The four dracoliches sucked, but oh well.
  7. Kolani Augur

I don't think it's either of the above, since the game makes it abundantly clear about the NPC when they spawn, and you're likely looking right at him. I expect it's more an issue of powerlevelling.
  8. silku Augur

I think the quest in feerott should be available to all Gold subscribers.
    Sinestra and Shimmerleaf like this.
  9. beryon Augur

Along those lines, I find it odd that HCs get full DON & MPG progression with no effort, but the rest of us still need to find multiple people to drag along to kill mobs we can solo, because it would be OPed if this stuff went too quickly.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Marton Augur

I agree, this new merc quest and DoN/MPG aa's should be available to Gold subscribers.
    Shimmerleaf likes this.
  11. Tharrg Augur

I got 3 of my heroic characters finished for their J5... and now working on the other 3
    The respawn rate on creatures in the Dream or really fast that I have had no issues what-so-ever with getting them done.
  12. Izcurly Augur

I didn't even realize there was a dream version of the zone when I first made a heroic toon...I thought I was in the normal zone, and though it strange I hadn't started in the home city.

When I went back, I had no problem doing the dream quest solo, even with a class I'd previously never played past level 50, over a decade ago. You get a pretty good set of starting gear for level 85...my new druid seemed tougher than the J1 merc tank he was using. Of course, now he has J5, will see how that stacks up.
  13. Celestian Elder

Upgraded Heroic characters don't start in Ferrott.

Can fix uninformed.
    Sinestra likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Well at least the Dev's do have a sense of humor; having the Heroic characters starting in a Dream lol.
    Vitr likes this.
  15. Ataleimas New Member

:bump:
    for general information purposes

I for one bought a heroic character not knowing about mercenaries except for the prior experience i had when F2P EQ1-2 released and love it.

Like to add my thoughts on it. Call them over glorified twinks if you want, but this being a topic in the veteransLounge should say Sony cant fix absent minded people ...

Any true veteran will be able to (/Claim) or (/veteranReward) to flag new Heroic Character and get the
    Runed Gargoyle Tooth

and be able to use all the shrouding for every quest in the game up to lvl-80 turning AA's to auto-grant 100%

You will now gain enough AA's probably to out-last the game this way. I mean think about it instant 85 now having access to every quest not geting to 85, leaving a blank slate.

JUST MY 2CENTS
    imo
    IMHO
    Get over it, this heroic thing really isn't a bad deal for everyone.