It's time people for A New playable Race next Expansion!!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by northstar, Feb 15, 2019.

1. northstar Augur

The Mighty Grimling!! Time to step up to the plate and Represent!!!!

The long Hair smudging Moon Babies need they're time in the Limelight!!! Make it happen!!!
    svann and Pirlo like this.
  2. Astral64 Augur

3. Frael Elder

We already have half-elves, I would like to see the half-halfling
  4. Zanarnar Augur

Only if the other half is an ogre....
  5. Frael Elder

There's no other half, it's just half a halfling. Top or bottom, you decide.
  6. AnzoRagespirit Augur

I'd rather have a new expansion like TSS ( the one with valdenholm I think ) with content from lvl 1 to 110.
    Neranya likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

16 races/16 classes is a deeply entwined limit in the code.

My suggestion is to start with adding drakkin-like heritages to Dwarves, adding Coldain and Volcano-themed dwarves to work out the kinks in the code.

Then fold half-elves into being a human heritage (with distinct dark/high/wood elf choices!) opening up the 16th slot for a distinct new race with multiple heritages.
  8. Etha Journeyman

Gnome mounts please. Gnomes giving ogres shoulder rides at max speed would be a thing of beauty.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

Classes and Races are stored as an unsigned 4bit INT? EWWWWW

It shouldn't be too hard to make that an unsigned 8bit int (0-255) however I'm assuming it would take a few passes to hit all the spots in the client and server where its referenced to make sure the data type has been updated everywhere. (again, just assuming the old codebase is a mess)

If that is really the case, maybe they need to spend an entire expansion cycle improving the server code instead of doing an expansion. Done properly they could open up the ability to make interesting and customized TLP servers while removing or fixing some of the server-side issues caused by the old codebase. (Hopefully opening up some interesting new expansion options, too)
  10. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

Halfling bards. Make this happen, and baked goods will be forthcoming to DBG HQ.