It's all about the looks - illusions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Necromonious, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Necromonious Augur

Since people are really talking about the woodelf BL pet look, I figure I'd ask people their thoughts on illusions. Since I have to stare at my chars in third person (don't use 1st that much) I like for my chars to look goooood. So in that regard I have spent too much SC on stuff purely for looks instead of spending it on practical things like bags cause I'm stoopid.

My favorite illusion indoors (just having experience with sc ones) was shadow nexus, but I'm not indoors much. My chars have heroes forge and I like rocking the insidious cloth on NEC and nobles robe on MAG. For weapon ornaments the lightning ones are sweet but I see them a lot, I like the look of the Soulsek Ro mace ornament for a MAG 1hb due to the synergy (flaming orb animation to a mainly fire dps caster) it's such a shame that particular one can't be removed, so I just have it sitting there waiting for a good level 100 weap. Before necro got his epic, he was using manaforged cudgel ornament which went well with steelcore shield, weapons were bright and glowing. But if I hadn't gotten epic I probably woulda used one of those "vampire" ornaments for the 1hb, I forget the name.

For pet illusions, I really like any that still show weaps, for the Mage the Hadal Scout looks cool (especially funny a fish-man holding flaming swords) and animates really well. The white werewolf looks awesome but holds weapons in his claws and swings them weird (cause he's really just clawing) and I wouldn't use it on a tanking pet unless u want to listen to dog whine sound effects constantly forever lol. I want to try the Tower Warden illusion on mage pet next cause it'd look like a really buff merc (my mage's pet is pretty beefed heh). For necro from a RP perspective I like the Bone Golem pet is a sweet pet illusion if u don't mind a giant stomping sound as it paces around...a shame it doesn't hold weaps...

What are your favorites?? Any in-game ones worth tracking down that aren't super hard to get??
  2. Tharrg Augur

My Enchanter has the Dark Bellikos Illusion and I use the Mad Jester for my Pet.. I then make merc Werewolf Illusion. I think its great and Im all about the characters looks. Thats why I wish we could get ornaments to convert plate to cloth etc.. and have robe graphics for every class...
  3. Phrett Augur

...personally I prefer cool mounts. Seething Chimera and the Skelly Horse are my EQ bling.

not a big fan of most of the 2hander ornaments, not until they make an item that will let me turn some of my old raid weapons into ornaments that is...
  4. Necromonious Augur

I wanted to try the mad jester on my necro, does it show weapons? I figured not but it def seems to fit from a RP-look perspective, I wanna try the floating skull for necro pet too. Although I love the graphics for the lev 96(?) necro warrior pet, not sure if it's for raid focus or not, but it's some skeleton knight mob look, awesome on its own. A shame they never made the Mage air pets vary like that, I wouldn't have so many pet illusions on my Mage then haha ;)

I agree on the mounts, I couldn't afford the tricked out rides lol but getting the flying Pegasus was a great buy, flying mounts rock
  5. Malkavius Augur

I too have the mad jester on my bst. Never noticed how evil and menacing they actually looked till I got the pet illusion. For my beserker I use the burning nekhon. Looks awesome as a winged fiery demon, and has a cool flying off the ground breathing fire animation every time a spell it cast or procced.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I made a rogue years ago, because I liked to collect illusions that were available, but sadly along came LoN and took the fun out of questing and camping mobs for illusions. My fave is still my high elf illusion, brings back a lot of memories of old players who helped me obtain it. :)
  7. Tarrin Augur

I have never really been big on straight up illusions. Non-HF, HF, and weapon/shield combos have been what I enjoy.

I have two main go to sets. I go for an over the top druid look usually. Eternal Grove leather set. Druid 2.0 ornament. Shield of Tunare (great player studio shield). When I am in a different mood, I use the ssra leather set with an elven spear ornament on a chimera mount.

I am horrible. I carry 2 sets of armor (a non-HF chain and plate set) to illusion glitch, 3 sets of HF (bixie leather, eternal grove leather, ssra leather), and a few HF Robes on me at all times. Throw in a few weapon ornaments (2.0, elven spear, the 2 "bow" range slot items from Kael [go go bow druid], the ice hammer/shield from the store) and a mageblade. I feel ready for any occasion. Rotating through different sets and combinations makes things feel a tad more fresh for me.