Items!

Discussion in 'Item Discussion' started by Ngreth Thergn, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Axxius Augur

In any guild, there is some turn-over. If there is no other way to obtain RoS armor other than to farm EoK raids, then we'll have to do them for every new person until they get the 8 items. While the other 53 people in the raid don't want anything from there, and all other loot rots.

Please don't make us farm EoK for another year? :oops:
    Ismel, svann, Sindaiann and 4 others like this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

The RoS TS raid mask is V also.
  3. Behelit Augur

Raid t1: 2hp/2hb/2hs

Is there any chance we can get the procs on these looked at?

1. the fastest option should have the lowest dmg proc, so the 2hp should have Vampiric Consumption V
    2. the middle option should have a standard dmg proc, so the 2hs should have the Hammer of Magic V
    3. the slowest option should have a niche proc, so the 2hb should have Consoling Strike II

casters might like corruption procs, but for melee they're generally just a lower dmg proc with no real upside. and having a decrease hate option particularly on the high dmg 2hb would be better than a standard dmg proc.

Berserker Hands focus:

Is there any chance we can get an upgrade to the existing throwing focus on our Hands slot? It's been the same forever and would be nice to get even a small few % increase for both grp and raid focuses.
    currently they sit at
    Bubbling Rage - 10% increase to throwing dmg, 10% increase to min throwing dmg
    Battlerager's Strength - 25% increase to throwing dmg, 25% increase to min throwing dmg

throwing is our lowest form of dmg and slowly increasing this old focus probably wont do much aside from making us feel less bad about looting hands before other melee
  4. menown Augur

Actually corruption procs are bad for everyone. They get resisted more often and do less damage.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Waldagar Elder

Can you review the procs on the raid BST weapons? (8K EOK vs 3.6K ROS)
  6. Asune New Member

Also from what I saw..

No upgrade/ equivalent to Hornscale blades for melee dps classes.. everything new is 3600k max damage proc instead over 8000+ which is a major downgrade from current EoK raid weapons.

Raid Ranger Bow - still has type 7 aug slot instead of 8.
    Raid Earrings - still have type 7 aug slot instead of 8.
    Raid Neck - still has type 7 aug slot instead of 8.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ok, just was making sure since it was a subcomponent.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I'll give the proc damage amounts a check when I get to the bug pass..
  9. fransisco Augur

The group caster 2h staff also has the same damage as EoK staffs do. Could these be increased as well?
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

11. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Actually... the EoK weapon has the incorrect proc on it... it has a 2 hand proc on it, instead of the 1 hand proc. I'll leave it be (not promising to not change it, but not making plans to change it), but not going to continue the error.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

if you mean weapon damage, it's different.
    if you mean procs: Alleviating burst and sympathetic version not increasing is intentional. Otherwise it looks like the proc's increased. I did find one bad sympathetic proc... updated it.
    kizant likes this.
  13. Qulas Augur

Belts seem to all be missing the 20 Flying Kick damage.
  14. kizant Augur

This might be a dead topic already but I thought I'd post some numbers related to the Threads of Potential belt vs Corrupt proc. And I figured I'd wait till AAs were getting close to done but that date keeps moving.

So, anyway I did test and see that the new belt is basically adding 1500 damage per cast and it works for any spell type. It is definitely a big improvement over threads of mana. And previously I was basing my comparison off testing with my web app which nobody really has any reason to trust. I'm also quite sure you can do these numbers yourself and probably have done so but who knows. There's bugs all the time and maybe proc rates are higher than they're supposed to be.

But what I see for the corruption proc belt is this.. based off a raid geared wizard, max AA, and let's use 1800 spell damage. Which is probably going to be lower than average in RoS.

Force of Corruption X
    Base Damage: 945
    Additional from Spell Damage: 450
    Total Base Damage: 1395

Wizard Crit Rate: 53% (DoN/max AAs, etc)
    Crit Damage: 7700
    Average Damage: 4736.65

Some of the most used Wizards spells are Ethereals, Claw, and Instant nukes. So, considering those three cases for calculating proc rate we got this:

Proc Rate for Instant Nuke: 25%
    Proc Rate Adj Average: 1184.12
    TwinProc Adj Average: 1420

Proc Rate for Claw (3s): 33.4%
    Proc Rate Adj Average: 1582.04
    TwinProc Adj Average: 1898

Proc rate for Ethereal (3.75s): 46%
    Proc Rate Adj Average: 2178.86
    TwinProc Adj Average: 2614

Now, Claws and Ethereals are used a lot more than Instants so I think it's fair to say the average is closer to 2000 per cast using the Corruption proc. That's also with zero ADPS. At this point there's really no scenario where the new belt would, or at least should, be used by any raider.

If we're talking a group geared wizard with what will probably be low spell damage during RoS of say 900 then the base would be 1170. Crit damage would be 6458. The first example would drop from 1420 to 1191. The max case goes from 2614 to 2192. Then yeah maybe 1500 would seem fair. But that's REALLY basing it off a bottom/worst case scenario and the new belt doesn't offer any real gain except for the improved stats. However, any time this group geared wizard, that some how has the raid belt in the first place, would burn or be grouped with classes providing ADPS of any sort at all they would be smart to use the corruption proc.

Some extra example with modest ADPS adjustments:
    70% crit rate
    Range of 1647 to 3000 for above spell examples

70% crit rate + 30% crit damage mod
    Range of 2434 to 4480

Of course, during a burn it goes up extremely high, which is the problem, but my 3500 suggestion I think fits pretty well in the modest/sustained raid scenario. And this is where I thought that at least some raiders would be lazy and use the new belt because the corruption proc would only be a gain during a burn. Plus people, like myself, who are most definitely going to stick with the corruption proc unless it's nerfed have no incentive to use both. There wouldn't be any real gain outside a burn to use it on a raid.

So yeah, I really don't even have a reason to make this post but I just hate to see items added that nobody should use and it would be good for anyone stuck without the old raid belt to at least have a half decent option.
    gotwar, Sancus and Brohg like this.
  15. Brohg Augur

As lamentable as it is, generally, to be on side with nerfs, I think the old weapons need to be fixed, or a compromise reached for these to meet in the middle. Is that possible? take ... 2k off the EOK ones, put it on the RoS ones?
    kizant likes this.
  16. Sancus Augur

Is there any ETA on robe clicks and foci? It would be nice to be able to see what they are, test them, etc.

I know we still have a while in beta, just curious.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No ETA yet
    Sancus likes this.
  18. Waldagar Elder

I would assume this would also affect the EoK rare version. So all those toons swinging both of these weapons could be looking at a 40K-60K DPS drop while bloodlust is active. I am sure the Queen will appreciate it. She has become really attached to all the guilds stuck in T2.
  19. Warpeace Augur

[quote="Waldagar, post: 3598953, member: 407675" I am sure the Queen will appreciate it. She has become really attached to all the guilds stuck in T2.[/quote]

Thought she was going to adopt them?
  20. Axxius Augur

Oh yes, those poor Beastlord-heavy guilds! :D
    Maybe if they actually existed.
    Zarzac and Sindaiann like this.