Item Request: high delay weapons for parsing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasputyn, May 13, 2013.

1. Rasputyn Elder

I'd love to see a set of items made just for parsing/testing purposes. All weapons types, delays starting at maybe 50 and going up every 10 until 100. This means every weapon type of each delay, the damage for each can be set at 10 or 20 or whatever.

So we end up with a list of delays at:

This would provide a variety for people that want to parse various AAs and such. Might be a good project for an intern or apprentice designer. And if you need to justify the time somehow, just add a placeable NPC to the marketplace that carries a full set of these items and people can buy them to stick next to their guildhall parse dummies.
  2. Abazzagorath Augur

Not sure why you'd need more than a couple of delay intervals, which you can already get in game. Only reason to check different intervals is for some very specific issues, as most things scale very predictably either directly proportional (damage) or inversely proportional (procs) for example. Weighted axe, dathor great hammer are a couple of good 2hers with high delays.
  3. Rasputyn Elder

When I said all weapon types I meant like 1h slash, 1h blunt, h2h, 1h pierce, 2h blunt, 2h slash, 2h pierce. I understand there are a few options for 2h currently available, I'm suggesting something that currently isn't available in game in any form.

As for why, it started with me wanting to run a couple specific parses and then just got expanded because I don't know what other people would want to parse if they had these options. So I'd like to see them have the option if they want to. More information seems better to me.
  4. fransisco Augur

Seems wierd. Why would you want to parse weapons with unrealistic delays?
    Your using delays so much slower than what anything in the game uses would add more uncertainty into your parses, as it adds a forces you to extrapolate your findings to faster weapons.
    Plus, with 10hrs is a decent parse for a 21 delay weapon, imagine how long your gonna want for a 200 delay weapon
  5. Wuttever Augur

The more information the better, as far as I am concerned. I hope they do it. Maybe the idea of having that vendor purchasable by a couple hundred SC would get em on it.
  6. Fenudir Augur

I know that quite a bit of testing around delay has been done by the zerker community on goberserker. For two handed weapons, the highest delay currently available is the Weighted Axe at 150 delay and the lowest is the Ashen Blade of the Slayer at 20 delay. As much as I'd love to see a wider range of delays in current content weapons, it's unlikely to happen.
  7. Recnarp Augur

We've dabbled way too much in the meta game of EQ over the years for them to change it now.