Item prices to go down dramatically?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Benito, May 29, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are we expecting item prices to go down dramatically as more players near level 50?

In other words, more players will be able to kill mid-range named which will increase supply for sought-after SolB and LGuk items?
  2. TheBoss New Member

I aint Nostradamus or nothing but
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Baldur Augur

With rare mobs dropping like 2-5 pieces each time, I'd say yes for the group loot.

Raid loot should hold it's value.
  4. Kylo Classic Augur

You have krono burning a hole in your pocket?
  5. Mattling Elder

Mobs used to drop 1 loot, now they drop 2-5.
    The server has increased rares plus we're in the middle of an event with increased rares.

This puts loot at somewhere between 5x-15x more common than it was on previous TLPs. A good general rule of thumb is take whatever the loot cost on previous TLPs and divide by 10, that should be the rough cost.
    Skuz and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Buy low, sell high.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Fine Steel weps going to be the most valuable item some named drop by week 3.
    Duder, Stymie, ZenMaster and 2 others like this.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

I like the random part but the quantity part feels off. If loot has no value then character progression will feel less meaningful.
  9. Pikallo Augur

Yeah I feel this too. Not gonna lie, it was pretty sweet to see 4 items dropping from named initially. But I'm only 37ish and already seen the majority of top rare items for those levels purely from normal leveling. HBC, ring of the ancients, pegasus cloak, guise of the deciever, reed belt, pearl kedge totem, fbss plus TONS of average+ loot without even really trying. Gonna be interesting to see how it plays out, but I hope they didn't overdo it.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

[IMG]
    Kylo Classic and Fallfyres like this.
  11. KrakenReality Augur

Well the game is going to move fast and character progression is relative to the content. If it takes a few weeks to get gear on Mischief and Thornblade, then it gives people a chance to be more relaxed with 3 month cycles (excluding Classic). Seems like you can relax and play at a nice and easy pace and not burn out.

Character progression being relative is based on measuring yourself against content, if there’s no challenging content (ToV) then continued character progression feels pointless. On the flip side with challenging content (TBL) character progression is much more noticeable and satisfying.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  12. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

The only thing worth paying Krono for is 'Visage of the Rivervale Deputy.'
  13. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You must be one of those dirty resellers!

Andarriel
  14. Hythos Augur

Plains-gear will be selling for 50p/piece. So many people will be farming it, they won't be able to sell it.
    There will of course, be a pair of L50 NEC or MAG sitting at virtually every rare spawnpoint, but yes, with reasonable certainty the rare stuff that people have been asking 1krono will be otherwise worth whatever a vendor is willing to pay for it.
  15. Nolrog Augur

If supply goes up, price goes down. These servers are not exempt from the laws of supply and demand
    Fallfyres and Skuz like this.
  16. Zinkeh Augur

I expect them to drop faster than any server so far. There are so many box armies farming rares non-stop and the market is being FLOODED with items. Right now they are asking adorable hysterically high prices on things. Think 20 krono for a cloak of shadows...etc. It is bound to crash the prices with this crazy influx.
    Fallfyres and Skuz like this.
  17. Nykara2 Elder

There are many, many servers that already cater to the hard core. Nothing wrong with a server thats gear is more accessible to the casuals.
  18. Numiko Augur

19. Kahna Augur

I for one am loving the item drop rate. Flooding the server with gear is the best way to combat the krono farmers. I do not care one bit what someone else is wearing or if what I am wearing is "rare", and I still feel like item progression is valuable. I love that there is so much gear out there, especially with how fast things move. We have done this for 20 year peeps, is there still really any reason why everyone can't have nice things?
    NoMoreTLPs, Mokai, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  20. Gnomie Denser than most

I'm loving the random loot, it makes killing nameds exciting...however I do think that the 5 items+ drops from nameds is overkill. It just takes the thrill away from it all. I could see mobs having a CHANCE to drop 2 loot, but it just feels overdone having them drop as much as they're dropping. Nothing feels special when you get it.