Item drop probabilities on raids may need adjustment.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Ruven_BB Augur

Disclaimer: I purchased a soul bow and own it.

We have had this bow drop once this expansion, and have seen 11 lovely shields on the ST 2.2 raid. Other drops are having similar issues, but being a ranger I always focus on bows :D!

Granted the random number generator can skew things one way or another, but some items are really really rare on the drop tables. And sure, we do have the option with coin to purchase said really rare items, however the magic of EQ since day one is having that item on the corpse to loot and wear with pride for some. And I get the extreme on the other side, a random rot item every time, but given it seems only rangers are rolling the stupid shield on the same mob, some balance between them would be warranted.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Ruven
  2. Horyuken Augur

It has been said that the class specific items are a ratio of classes in the game overall. It is working as intended and these items are intended to be very rare.
  3. Pano Augur

Sancus and gotwar like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Pet earring has been even rarer for us, with it being 3 classes I would have expected to see it more, especially as the ratios were based off number of toons of that class at max level, every man and his dog has a mage!
  5. Lianeb Augur

Still 0 Warrior Weapons on Hoshkar
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Proof that the current system working well.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Two handed priest weapons are sure to drop on a raid :). (No one wants them)
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Curious which expacs this starts with. Went 4 months without seeing a couple class items in DoDH raids.
  9. p2aa Augur

We have seen 2 here, for a farming period of this raid less long than yours. RNG seems to be bad with you on this drop.
  10. Monkman Augur

We’ve gotten 3(?) trophies from Talendor so far
  11. Pano Augur

Good dps though! 40-50k dps on final part of Talendor with it.

Please tell us who owns them so we can recruit one!
    Slippry and Sancus like this.
  12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

We've gotten 1 Talendor trophy so far. Definitely very rare.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya the trophy is crazy Rare. We had one drop and I was like oh there's a trophy from this Event!! Haven't seen another since.

And yes the class specific items are intended to be a lot Rarer then other drops. I would rather see barely any and the select few people that want it get with coins vs seeing them rot week in and week out. 2.5 weeks of clearing can buy one so it's not like it takes months of farming to get it.
  14. Critts Augur

The monk shield is so useful why not have it commonly drop 2-3 times a week?
    Elricvonclief and Fanra like this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

We have had 1 ranger bow and 2 tank bows drop.

Edit: But not a big deal. That's why we get coins, so we can just buy the stuff that the RNG hates us on.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I kinda like the class specific stuff being a bit rarer. I'm sure you had a similar experience during CoTF, but the warrior weapon was so common we couldn't even get someone to come loot it by asking in /general
    Sheex likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

This is starting to get comically bad.
    Zero Trophy of Talendor in 21 wins so far. There may be a couple of guilds with even more kills that still do not have this Trophy.
    In the VOA expansion, at least the Powerless versions of the trophies dropped so that you knew you just had a bit of bad luck on the drop. In this case I am seriously questioning if it is not simply broken and cannot drop. Whether that be a server by server case or not I have no idea.
    Could Ngreth or another developer please look into the drop rate or potential issues with this item?
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=132655

Additionally, we have had just one Soul Bow drop vs over thirty Shield of the Sebilisian Phalanx. Not many things more infuriating in the game right now than seeing TWO Shield of the Sebilisian Phalanx drop in a single chest. Poofing Talendor corpses obviously take the cake.
    Warpeace likes this.
  18. Allayna Augur

IIRC we haven't seen one since the institution of the second (hero's forge) chest.
    Not that I'm complaining, think we have had 3 in our guild after clearing it for 6 months?
  19. Maedhros High King

Geez thats lucky. My initial thought was that something got broken with the advent of the second chest as well.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Whats the drop rate supposed to be? Have yet to see one drop on FV.