Fixed Internally Item cooldowns not displaying properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by qweasy, Oct 25, 2019.

1. qweasy Augur

About 50% of the time I click my monk epic 2.0 the item doesn't show as being on cooldown. This also happens on other items but much less frequently. I'm basing this on nothing but I believe it has something to do with the cast time, faster the cast more likely the bug will happen.
    Tour, Rondor, Moege and 33 others like this.
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Can confirm it happens with SK epic as well. I haven't kept a proper score but if I'm gonna throw out an arbitrary number I'd say 20% of the time.
    ForumBoss and Kragin like this.
  3. Nilwean Elder

I have this happen all the time with my BP click.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I have noticed this occurs when I reclick my epic right as it is coming off cooldown and being ready to click again so it might be related to how quickly you click it after using it before.
    Nniki likes this.
  5. Nniki Augur

I've noticed the same behavior as Waring when clicking bard epic. I've also noticed whenever this issue occurs, the spellbar lockout issue seems more likely to occur for me as well.
  6. Baldur Augur

It happens on my ranger's epic as well all the time. I have it as the last line in his 5 line mash macro.

When it gets stuck in that state, where the epic has been clicked but the client didn't register it and set a timer on the item, every time I hit his mash button it will attempt to use the epic and the cast bar comes up, but it doesn't go off. It does give some feedback in the chat window when this happens, can't remember what it says though.
  7. AcemoneyFV Augur

Came here to say this. Also with my Epic 2.0.
  8. Mrtyu Developer

Any chance this is still happening? I know its an old thread, but figured I'd ask. Unable to reproduce internally.
  9. Dropfast Augur

Oh yea, it still happens all the time. Has been for years. Epics, BP's, pretty much any clicky in a hotbar. It does seem fairly random but I've noticed it seems to happen more often when I'm clicking things fast or even multiple times. Like on raids with lag, you have to click everything 4-5 times to get it to go off ><.
    Just a guess but could be related to clicking the item again before it's done casting or like someone said above, it does seem to also happen more often with the fast, nearly instant clicks.
    minimind likes this.
  10. Sancus Augur

It definitely seems more common in raids with lag.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Happens with merc rez timer as well when they die.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, it still happens. I use Breastplate of Wailing Hatred on my SK for the group attack buff when there's no shaman or beastlord.

Since it's a targetted click effect, when it happens (gets stuck with no timer and can't be clicked), I found that if I target a non-legal target (like another player), I will get the "not a valid target' message and suddenly it becomes usable again.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Clicked Drunkards`s Stein - timer is up, but it is currently not accepting a click on it, will need to wait a while for it to be usable.
  14. Conq Augur

This continues to happen. During raids, outside of raids - empty zones, full zones, instanced zones, live world zones. Items I've experienced this bug with, through the years and that continue to be a problem include but are not limited to: Drunkard's Stein; Miniature Horn of Unity; Cauldron of Endless Goods; Bard Epic; Shaman Epic; and of course (although not an item clicky) Expedient Recovery almost always appears grayed out but resets if clicked (and doesn't have an actual timer from actual use...).
    Conq
  15. lockjaws Augur

This happens with all my clicks -- mini horn of unity, epic, etc. A good 20-30% of the time the item won't go on cooldown, and I don't see the buff as having been cast, and I am unable to click that item (like it was used already, but no sign of that).

Again -- server lag? Improper reporting of item readiness? Lack of connectivity to a database?
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. dreadlord Augur

This has been bad since, hmm not sure, many months
    I notice it most on the mercs: The timer runs down to 0 about a full minute before I can revive the merc
    (this is consistent, on every acc, every time, in every zone)
    The mage cauldron of summoning is exactly the same: shows as ready about a full minute before it is
    Assorted clickies seem affected to a greater or lesser extent; strangely, unlike others, the SK epic not so much (altho the blood drinker's coating is always affected)
    Yara_AB and Yinla like this.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

Change your Internet time source from time.windows.com to pool.ntp.org and check your time zone. Look up the atomic clock and check your clock vs that down to the second.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue internally, but we'll keep it on our radar. If you encounter any additional repro steps we can try, please share them.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I have noticed that evaccing/zoning seems to have an effect on this bug.

try to evac while it is on cooldown on a visible hotbar.
  20. lockjaws Augur

Please test on a live server, not internally on a server with no lag.
    Fenthen likes this.