Item clicky AAs seem to be broken after AA consolidation patch

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Braikkarrii, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Braikkarrii Lorekeeper

Hello. I don't often post in these forums since the DB development team is pretty good about doing emergency patches, but I think this is something that needs to be addressed, AND should have been obviously tested before the recent patch was released to production.

When you right-click an item that has a spell effect (ie, Prismatic Ward, Expanding Mind, etc), the spell effect is converted into a passive AA under the "Item" category, under the General tab of the AA window. However, I found that if you were to use the AA "Item: Disable Item Abilities", it will correctly remove all of the "Item" AAs. What is not correct is if the user wants to regain those clicky AAs back, they can not!

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Right-click on an item that has a spell effect "clicky", like Prismatic Ward or Form Of Endurance (or whatever effect). This turns the clicky into an AA.
    2. Use the "Item: Disable Item Abilities". This will remove all AAs under the "Item" category, under the General AAs tab.
    3. Right-click on the item again to try to regain the Item AA ability. THIS is what is not working. What happens is the character simply gets the useless "Shadow Of XX" icon in the buff window.
  2. Riou EQResource

They know about it, believe fix is in next patch since it can't be hotfixed.
  3. Zarnz New Member

same here fix asap please.....
    [IMG]
  4. Uaneldar New Member

Yes, this is a big deal imo, at lvl 98, I am losing at least 900ac/hp and a bunch of other effects. I could see the DdoS attacks as being forgivable even though they could have taken security measures. Ive been doing Heroic Adventures and gnomes have been getting stuck under the world and the HA has been a complete waste of time and now this, the gear that I have purchased is bugged.

I went to EWK last night to see if this worked on newly acquired items and I purchased the wrong ring by mistake(obviously in a rage lol), theres another 366 marks gone. My time spent sitting infront of the computer is a bit more valuable than this. Needless to say I sent a few emails to daybreak and they have lost a customer until this is fixed and they make good on this wasted time/bugged HA's / items.

This may surprise everyone, but I used to consider the support to be actually good, but now for massive bugs they just say "yeah that's been known to happen" and leave it at that.
  5. Zarnz New Member

Any feedback on this issue ? Possible fix release/timing etc ?? Huge detriment to a raiding toon not having shadow items enabled....
  6. Uaneldar New Member

yeah they have lost a customer for sure, they never respond to emails anymore and finally after a whole week clickies are working but items that say they increase armor class by 900 only increase it by 200, some sick joke by daybreak. Either way I'm not paying for this crap anymore.