Confirmed Item Added to Bag Sound on Every Login

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fanra, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Malbro Augur

Still happening on my rogue. It would be nice if they'd fix it. The character in question does NOT have any keys from TOFS.
  2. Midasa Elder

This has also been happening to at least one of my characters for a long time, so not only related to TOL or Keys.
  3. Skurge Apprentice

I cleaned up any keys that were not made /ach and the sound has stopped.

[Thu Mar 24 21:39:03 2022] Sleeper's Key vanishes as you commit its details to memory.
    [Thu Mar 24 21:39:22 2022] Key to Charasis vanishes as you commit its details to memory.
    [Thu Mar 24 21:39:25 2022] Shrine Key vanishes as you commit its details to memory.

All three were already in /ach:
    [IMG]
    Kialya likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

I began to suspect that's the issue after I was cleaning up my bank the other day and nocticed several old keys that I had forgotten I even had, most notably PoSky keys.
  5. Malbro Augur

Okay, I'm lazy and didn't want to find the old thread. That said, I am still getting the sound of an item being put into my inventory on my Rogue when I log onto him.

Has anything been done about this, is it even being looked at?

I would say no at this point.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's the key achievements.

You need to search your bags/bank/horde for any "keys" that you still have yet have an achievement for it. You can just go down the achievement list one by one and search your inventory for those specific items.

As soon as you pick it up, it should disappear if you already have the achievement. Once those are cleared AND you use any keys you have but haven't gotten the achievement for (like if you have some keys for TOFS and haven't gone back to use them), the bag sound will go away.

I cleared out old keys on one of my toons that was getting the sound and suddenly the sound stopped.
    Kialya likes this.
  7. Jedis Arch Mage

Oh wow, thanks for sharing. I am getting this on all 8 of my toons at login and it's super annoying!
  8. Jedis Arch Mage

Removed them all and am still hearing it. Went meticulously through the achievement window, even deleting the Ring of the Shissar. No luck. I have a key for an achievement I haven't used yet in my inventory, that I haven't gotten the achievement for. Maybe that could be it?
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yep...go use that that key, even if it's part of a group of keys that you don't completely have (like ToFS) and won't finish an achievement. Once I got rid of ALL the keys on that toon, the sound stopped.
  10. Malbro Augur

I'll be darn, that fixed it. Thanks
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Now it has started again after the latest patch. I assume it will resolve, as it did before. Still not affecting gameplay.
    Loup Garou likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think now it's the Overseer achivements causing a problem. I've got a couple of toons that I cleared all the keys and got rid of the bag sound, but now after these new achievements, it's back. It seems to be related to some of the achievements that are only partially completed.

I've got a couple of Overseer categories that I haven't maxed, so I only have those achievements partially completed. I think those are causing the new bag sound. I think whatever new coding they introduced to do the key achievements was used on the Overseer achievements and it's bugging out. As if it's telling you that you have uncompleted achievements.

I'm curious if there's anyone who did not get the bag sound before, has all of the Overseer achievements fully completed, and NOW gets the bag sound. Conversely, is there anyone who did not have the bag sound before, has all OS achievements complete, and still does not get the bag sound?
  13. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I have two accounts I Overseer. The main account has all agents, all skills maxxed, and all tasks, minus one from the Scorched Skies event, successfully finished. No prior bag sound, and none currently.

The second account, with the bag sound now and not before, has all skills maxxed, all tasks successfully finished, and is missing four agents. All original agents, not new ones. He also is an Overseer 'mule,' for lack of a better term. He started as an Heroic 85 and is now 118. All Overseer XP, except two hours in Hills of Shade, and UP combined. He has no keys at all of any kind, which leads me to believe this is not an issue with keys.