It is time...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Geko, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Geko Elder

Can you please post the FAQ you are referring to? I am not sure that I am familiar with them or have ever seen it.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

Tangent on the original topic but...

Show EQ has, as far as I remember, always been its own app. It might be integrated into that which I shall not speak of, I'm not sure as I have never used that thing. I have in the past used Show EQ though (back when I had a 10mb HUB just so it could sniff traffic on a separate box basically reducing my chances of getting caught using it to 0 unless I was stupid and just bee-lined to each named as they popped.. anyways..)

Originally it might not have even been able to read EQ's memory directly; but now that's pretty much how most people run it. I'm sure their client can detect it running, if they care or not seems to be totally random and up to the GM you get. This is kind-of a problem and where I agree with the OP, I just don't think anything will change as I've seen this run up the flagpole several times to no avail.
    Annastasya and Jumbur like this.
  3. Raccoo Augur

If it is totally fine, go live stream using it for a couple hours. Don't be anon. Let me know when you're doing this. I'll continue to believe it is not fine, until people can live stream usage with no action taken by daybreak.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hey, that rhymed...
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's a lyrical, spiritual miracle individual. (credit: Filthy Frank)
  6. Chiriyuri New Member

I would have really liked a dev answer on this. I see friends of mine using programs like this regularly....but am unsure if I could get in trouble for doing it.

Disappointing that no one from the company has tried to let the community know what is and is not allowed.
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This should cover most things:

[IMG]

I'll also note that some things (key broadcasting, scripting, macroing) that are allowed in some cases (non-afk and don't intercept/modify traffic between your client and the server) really shouldn't be allowed at any time.
    Axxius, Fenthen, Sancus and 7 others like this.
  8. Geko Elder

I'm loving your use of visual studio lol - it would be nice if an actual Everquest dev verified.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

No way, I don't trust people on the internet.

A Japanese man accused of stalking and sexually assaulting a young pop star told police he located her through the reflection in her eyes in a picture, according to local media reports.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50000234
  10. Karthos Augur

The solution is to add anti cheat software. Why can't we make this happen?
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Did you mean Visio? Anyway, I didn't use that either, I used: https://app.diagrams.net
    Leerah likes this.
  12. FranktheBank Augur

lol no, these are very different. seq is just a map that shows where all the mobs in the zone are and what they have in primary/secondary. There is no program that shows the entire loot/drop list lmao.
    Fenthen and Leerah like this.
  13. TheDohn Augur

21 years in, they were just waiting for you to demand they take a stance on this. Well done. Nobody else has ever been so important as to post this thread and expect answers.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Geko Elder

I know right! We all have expectations. I believe if we can keep this thread at the top of the veterans board for a few weeks ... we may get an answer finally. The only reason we haven't gotten an answer so far is not enough paying customers demanded an answer.

Let's try to demand an answer together.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am puzzled. You want verification on a 21 year old game regarding software that's been employed in game in varying capacity for 20/21 years?

The problem, if I may be so bold, is your expectations. DPG has stated, over the years, repeatedly, what Beimeith's flow chart spells out.

You want bannable software spelled out by name and version? Ok, so the hackers change the name. New software is invented. Now what? DPG has to go back and review that software. Rinse. Repeat. This is a terrible solution.

The better solution is what they've already done - spell out what behavior is forbidden and tell their anti-cheat software and their players to look for this behavior.
    Endorek and Tatanka like this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

He was being sarcastic.
  17. Leerah Augur

You're not young, female or sexy. I don't think you need to worry about someone grabbing your .

18. KrakenReality Augur

You speak the truth on those 3 points, but this is an audience of obsessive nerds that spend hundreds of hours camping digitally items.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I am proud to say I don't camp digital items for hundreds of hours any more. It's more like dozens now. :p
    Leerah likes this.
  20. code-zero Augur

Apparently not, long ago I was grouped with a tank class who had no tracking yet insisted that my bard should stay at the camp and allow him to pull. I could open the in game map and see him running straight as an arrow to respawns and pulling them back. I protested and he explained that it was required in his guild, a big raiding one, and it was NOT em que too and he was very offended that I would imply that it was. Better tracking than the best that a ranger can have though just by running some sort of map....