It does not make sense to have to AA each persona

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Innate, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Innate Elder

It does not make sense to have to AA each persona.

Discuss class.
    Montag likes this.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I understand, I suppose, the argument for both sides. You want SOME power progression on the persona, but it shouldn't feel restrictive considering you can only be one persona at a time. I think at the very least, any AAs that your main and your persona share should crossover.

For instance, if you Main a Wizard, and you want to have a Mage persona, you should 100% have to grind those pet focus AAs, but you should be auto-granted the Fury of Magic and other archetype AAs that Wizards and Mages share
    Montag likes this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Despite the fact the names are the same, Wizards and Mages do not share Fury of Magic.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Roxas MM Augur

well autogrant should give you a decent boost, right ?
  5. Cicelee Augur

General AA should be shared between main and personas. I do think the persona should have to obtain arch, class, focus AA separate from main.

I think that is a fair compromise.
    Aiona, Kaenneth, Vumad and 2 others like this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

There needs to be some sort of catchup mechanic to incentivize using Alt Personas instead of just regular alts. Whether that is faster regular xp, faster AAs, inherited AAs, or something akin to Legacy where you get a big boost on alt personas (higher than 10%) for having a max leveled character already.
    Montag, Risiko, what?! and 2 others like this.
  7. Tyranthraxus Grognard

It does not make sense to have Alternate Personas

Fixed ;)
    Froger, Kaenneth, what?! and 2 others like this.
  8. Grimblekin Journeyman

Heck at this point just let them share the DoN / OMM progression AA's.

At this point there's absolutely zero benefit aside from flags, and a ton of penalty for having personas.

Things that need to be improved (in no particular order):
    1) Some AA crossover as OP discussed; I like the idea of sharing pre-purchased AA's from the main class.
    2) Shared progression AA's
    3) Some kind of keyring for gearsets so your bags aren't completely filled with gear.
    4) Fix the bugs with gear and items disappearing. Had a few million random platinum disappear off my character the other day when I switched personas. It was replaced by customer support, but bugs like that shouldn't be happening.
    Innate - Monk and what?! like this.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't personas share achievements? If so then DoN and MPG trials shouldn't be an issue, right?
  10. Numiko Augur

They should give persona's the same bonus as the old recruit a friend, +300% exp until you catch up to the main (friend).
  11. Grimblekin Journeyman

They share achievements, but not faction. And although they share the achievements, the AA's for those don't update. I checked on my max level persona and had neither.
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

You don't have to roll a persona, any more than you have to roll an alt. You have to work for your AAs on your main or alt, you should do the same for a persona. But hey, here ya go.

[IMG]
    Captain Video likes this.
  13. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Ok so I really dont get the point of personas then. They seem rather useless to the point that rolling an alt might even have advantages over making a persona.
    what?! likes this.
  14. Kodachi Augur

I assume they were to help people like me who were dumb enough to main a rogue, then end up on a working schedule where I basically play in the middle of the night with nobody else and it turns out rogues aren't good tanks in late eq content.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did you do the faction to see if you got the AA with the correct faction?

I know DoN has always been a little different to other achivements in that if you ruin your faction for the side you maxed progression on you lose the AAs.

I don't know enough about MMM to know if that would be the same issue.
  16. Grimblekin Journeyman

Nah I haven't done the faction again yet. DoN faction grind is pretty awful, and having to repeat it on every persona would be super lame.
    GrandOpener likes this.
  17. Bewts Augur

Be nice if it was just a discounted pool of total AA earned on the character…

Ya banked 2,000 AA on your main? Then you get some % to spend on your persona as they reach the appropriate levels to acquire them.

It’s certainly tedious to grind AA for a main. And exponentially so for each individual persona. Especially at higher levels where AA are counted in the thousand and not hundreds. To completely reset them seems like a practical expedient to roll out personas on time.

I’m also in support of shared general AA and arguably to some extent maybe even archetype where there is persona cross over. Although sometimes classes don’t necessarily get the same shared AA at the same levels or eras even. For example, a SK main and a paladin persona probably have a ton of crossover archetype AA whereas there may be far less avoidance, mitigation, and HP AA crossover between a SK and a Rogue.
  18. Defenestrated Vase wanting era locked servers

It does not make sense to give free AA to personas just as much as it doesn't make sense to give them free levels.
  19. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Well they need to do SOMETHING to make them appealing enough to use over just rolling an alt. At this point hardly anyone is utilizing this feature. Why not make it appealing to use?
    tanksfornothin likes this.
  20. Defenestrated Vase wanting era locked servers

I agree AP are basically useless as they are right now. But asking for free AA is nuts. All they need is "can be switched faster than logging an alt" (as advertized, btw) and have equipped gear go to void storage when switching instead of cluttering your bags. Voilá - they're !