Issues with starting EQ

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nennius, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

My system is usually rock solid. Fast internet and no issues boxing two characters on the same computer on the Bristlebane server. Over the last week or so though I can click on the shortcut to start the game and it will take a very long time for the launchpad to appear. And, when that does appear and I get into the game on the first account the second one will seem to lockup the internet. No changes on my system with the exception of the recent patch for Win 10.

First, is anyone else having this issue? Second, if you are are, have you found a solution?
  2. Conq Augur

Haven't experienced this myself. But I know a ton of people have helped their lag issues by setting (or resetting) Everquest as an exception in their threat protection software, whatever you're using. I know some who have turned off their Windows Defender to play EQ, but many (if not all?) Windows patches reset Defender but don't necessarily change your list of exceptions. Good luck.
    Conq
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Many thanks for the reply. I think I found part of the cause of the problem. I use a particular AV program and recently MalWareBytes offered us a free trial. My sweet wife clicked OK on that. I went in and added the EQ file to the list of exceptions and the problem has mostly gone away.
    Duder, Skuz and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

No idea why, but the issue has resolved itself. I would love to be able to say that I did something to make it go away. I will add it to my personal list of life's mysteries.