Issues with Auto attack on Assist

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Redrum_Redrum, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I am having difficulty getting this command to work. Originally if you assist a player it would auto attack. However here is my dilemma. I have an original /assist main hotkey which would assist whoever the MA is and still does I have also tried /assist raid and /assist group command lines all which assist the MA but do not turn on auto attack. Yes I have used the command line /assist on and when I do this it says Auto attack on Assist is now *ON* however is still fails to auto attack with any assist command I give it.

The only way I have been able to get the auto attack on assist to work is to do a command line of /assist player name.
  2. Aroth New Member

me too. get any resolution on this?
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

came across this from a few years ago, not sure if it makes sense but:
    "It's kind of confusing because "/assist off" doesn't mean assisting is off, it means autoattack isn't turned on when assisting.
    /assist will target your target's target.
    /assist <name> will target <name>'s target.
    /assist on sets you so either of the above commands will turn on autoattack.
    /assist off sets you so either of the first two commands will NOT turn on autoattack.

Might be more from google but that's what came up first.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have had problems with this regardless of the /assist setting. Not sure if the setting is shared by all accounts on the same computer or what is happening. So I created a social button
    line 1 /assist whoever
    /line 2 /attack on

If you replace line 1 with /assist raid or /assist group it will assist whomever is the assigned main assist.
  5. segap Augur

It's been flakey for me the past month or two. If I have anything else in my assist macro and mash any key before it completes, attack does not turn on. This is with /assist on. Attack never starts until the macro completes without interruption. I tried adding /attack on in the second line and it still fails until the macro completes. Never had this problem a few months ago.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

When I used "/attack on" I just tap the assist a couple times quickly in a row and it always works buy when I use /assist for pet classes I add pauses in or the pets don't attack reliably. I suspect you can get it to work but adding a pause or two in there.