Issue with the quest "Wolf bites Giant"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Natal, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Natal Augur

At one point in the task "Wolf bites Giant" in Kael (ToV version) you are required to hand in "Blessed Tincture of Silver" to a Priest of Vallon Zek located in the throne room area. The problem is that this giant and all his buddies are constantly fighting undead giants. Some die but they respawn before the fight is over, meaning the battle goes on forever. Handing the tincture in is extremely difficult because you have to target the right giant in the mass of bodies. I am not sure if he will even accept the item while fighting. The only way around this as far as I could tell was to kill the undead giants they were fighting and hope no more spawned before the priest went back to his spawn spot. BUT, killing these mobs while they are fighting live giants is considered an exploit (for other reasons) as per dev posts on the board.

How are people supposed to complete this task without risking being banned?

The Priest of Vallon Zek needs to be changed to neutral faction so that he does NOT assist the other live giants. Or put him somewhere else where he is too far to assist.
    Piflet likes this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Using the giant cove for the explicit purpose to gain exp is an exploit. If you need to kill one giant one time to release the priest for the purpose of the task because it's blocking progress, it's fine.
    svann likes this.
  3. Natal Augur

I think it needs to be changed so that you don't need to resort to a technical exploit to do the quest. This is clearly a bug that should be addressed.
  4. svann Augur

give it a rest already
    Duder likes this.
  5. Natal Augur

I am not giving it a rest. The people who police this stuff are CS reps, and most of those guys appear to have limited knowledge of the game. They will not care what your reason for doing it is, the procedure they will follow is "If someone is caught killing giants fighting each other, ban them". If killing these giants has been flagged as an exploit offence then sooner or later someone is going to be getting a suspension for doing this task.

Just because you think it is not important does not mean that it is not important. It needs to be fixed. It is simple enough, just set the faction of the giant to neutral in the database and the problem will go away.
  6. Kanez New Member

Hello,

Just finished this quest. After several hours of just waiting around the living giants finally beat the undead for just a few minutes. I was able to do the TI just as another undead wave began. Hope this helps.

Kane
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Killing for exp/farming mats is an exploit.

Killing to unblock an NPC for a quest is not an exploit, this has pretty much plainly been stated by devs.
  8. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

So honest question, what was stopping you from intercepting the mobs in the hall before the giants assisted?

If you waited hours to get the mobs to have a free moment, that sounds like your or your groups deficiency.

You want them to change lore and flavor of the game and have lore factions that would be rival just stare eachother down because you couldn't kill a mob fast enough to turn in.
  9. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

Woops I read it all as one person, so I apologise kanez as you weren't complaining and were offering him helpful information.

The rest of my post still applies to the OP