Is Wineskin okay for Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bongjohnsilvers, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

Hey there -

This morning my PC died. :(

I'm currently in the process of setting up EQ on my Mac using Wineskin. Is this permissible in the Phinigel no-box rule set? I'm not using it to box, so am hoping this won't result in my account being banned.

Anybody have any experience or advice they can offer?

I would try boot camp but I don't have a working install of Windows and am much more familiar w Wineskin.

Thanks!
  2. good post maker Journeyman

No, I'm going to go ahead and say no way you will get banned for that, it is fine. Unless of course DBG hates money, which they don't.
  3. Vaclav Augur

I'm not sure, I'd be cautious - but I do think they boot first before banning so don't force it if you experience some oddities until you get an official answer.

I'd not be surprised to hear that the same thing that detects VMWare detects virtualization like that though.
  4. -wycca Augur

Put in a petition and ask.
  5. Bongjohnsilvers New Member

Thanks for the responses! I've put in a petition to make sure it's okay.
  6. Mindtickler Journeyman

I know someone who's used wineskin for a month now, nothing has happened. Not sure if it can box multiple accounts he just uses it for one. If they disabled wineskin it'd be a shame since that, according to him, is only way he can play eq on his mac.. obviously vmware wont work.
  7. valek New Member

You can use bootcamp also.