Is wineq2 allowed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kjempff, Mar 25, 2019.

1. kjempff Elder

Simple question, is wineq2 "allowed" ? I know it is technically a 3rd party, but so is mouse software and a lot of things if we get completely strict on that definition.
    It just starting to annoy me that the eq client locks up my entire machine every time it loads something, and wineq2 used to be the solution for that.

Just to clarify before anyone starts to spew stuff they don't know anything about, wineq2 is only an optimization frame for the eq client, nothing else.

Anyways, thanks for any replies.. especially an official one.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I believe the official/unofficial stance is that it's ok as long as you're at the keyboard and not breaking game mechanics. You won't get a response from a DBG employee, but this is seems to be how they handle this program.
  3. code-zero Augur

I do not know for certain but I am pretty sure that components of that program will trigger you being kicked from any of the true box servers
  4. Machentoo Augur

You won't ever get an official answer, but you're fine using it on live/non-truebox servers, and if the game doesn't crash logging into truebox, you're probably fine there as well.
  5. kjempff Elder

Yeah well as I wrote, wineq2 can be used for nothing that breaks truebox or cheating in any way whatsoever, all it does is run the eq client inside and window frame so wineq2 can manage its pc resources usage (amongst others it will prevent locking up the pc while zoning and loading .. or as the eq client does frequently, go endless black while loading, which can only be broken out of with ctrl alt delete and kill process, because it blocks the entire pc). By block I mean it prevents any other windows from displaying on top of the eqclient, and since that takes up most of the screen area...

I am not sure I dare be the test subject for that and risk getting a stupid ban :D
    Does anyone have a .. friend .. who uses wineq2 on tlp right now and is not getting the boot ?
  6. Misaligned Augur

7. Ceffener Augur

Fullscreen windowed mode?

Why do you need WinEQ2?
  8. Mluian Journeyman

Unless its been fixed, if you use any chat channels and you launch through wineq2 you will frequently and intermittently have your chat come through as [spam].