is Wild Treasures still around on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by delthran, Oct 17, 2018.

1. delthran New Member

serious question. I was just curious and don't currently have an active sub to login and check. I didn't see them on https://phinnyprogress.com/ with the latest expansion.
  2. Punchis-themonk Elder

3. Machentoo Augur

They folded after opening night on TBS--Execute quit after they lost the race for Solteris win by two minutes, and the remaining leadership decided not to try to press on. Many of their members have joined OGC. A few others have gone to some of the other guilds on the server.

If you are a former Wild Treasures member, and interested in coming back, come check us out at OGC. I think we are even still offering a pretty sweet DKP deal for former WT's.
  4. Hinastrom Elder

If thats really the full reason why he quit...yikes. He's obviously much more competitive that I will ever be....hope that works out for him, I guess? Seems like it hurt him here.
  5. a_librarian Augur

Weren't the login servers borked on the day of that expansion launch?
  6. Machentoo Augur

A little, but it impacted both guilds a bit. Hard to say if it played any factor at all, but with only a two minute difference, it's possible.
  7. Mrjon3s Augur

I thought he just wanted to take a break but people took it as him leaving for good and the guild just exploded?
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Nah he passed guild leadership to the dead weight and anyone with a brain knew to abandon ship.
  9. highelfbard New Member

if its true he quit because he lost a race what a ! hahaha
  10. Mwapo Augur

Knowing Execute, I'd guess there was more to it than that.
  11. ThenaEQ Augur

damn bobby brutal
  12. Borune Journeyman

Wait... I thought you had to have an active subscription to even post in the TLP part of the forum...
  13. Machentoo Augur

Nope. In theory you are supposed to, but you don't actually have to. I was able to keep posting while taking a long break from subbing during the GoD bundling thing.
  14. Machentoo Augur

I don't know him at all, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't more to it than that. But, the timing was what it was. I didn't mean to imply he quit because of the loss, I have no idea why he quit (or decided to take a break, or whatever.)
  15. Brumans Augur

The story I heard is that he quit due to the loss, which he blamed on DBG because there were a ton of login issues on launch night. So it was kind of a "fed up" moment.

I've heard conflicting stories about the login issues - one is that it cost WT the win, the other is that both guilds were impacted - but the end result is that the issues made the race contingent on outside factors to at least some degree, so he said " it".
  16. Dailor Augur

Some say if you join the WT voice chat at 3:33AM you will hear a ghostly shriek " HELLO? SLURPEE?!" and from there you can attempt to speak with the dead.
    Ckador likes this.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

Second post in answered the question yet here we are on post #17 compiling conspiracies. I wasn't aware Alex Jones browsed these forums.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

He never wanted to be leader in the first place. It got dumped in his lap because the previous leader flaked out quickly after the coup against the old leader.

Then most of the officers were worthless, meaning he was doing practically everything...but he was too nice of a guy to actually demote them or kick them out and promote better people in their place.

Eventually he had enough. Hardly the first time that's happened in EQ.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

That stuff is why I don't raid or participate in guilds anymore outside my own guild with friends. To each his own. Good on you guys that still play in that way.